Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please help me i am desperate

thazzrill

Hello, i really need help. First i run Windows 7, 32 bit as i checked on my windowns installation cds. I want to make an mmorpg but i cant. Program wont work. I have read all the tutorials wathced on youtube. Ok i go to offical site only options are eclipse evolution 2,7 and eclipse stable and library files. Ok i have tried all, so i download, then i unzip it on desktop then i install library files, then i go to server clikc on server.exe, then go to client, open client.exe and it opens it says connecting to server. And nothing happens so here is the prob, i dont know how to explain it, but it is like it is not in its place, program resolution is kinnda weaird i mean i want to click on create account and nothing happens, but i click below and it opens so i type in the info, and i click create account and it wont work, nothing happens, some buttons wont work too like exit and stuff. PLS PLS PLS help me i have tried konfuze it has the same prob but it works but i dont like it because it has really limited features and the half doesnt work. I have tried xtremeworlds but the same problem like with eclipse happens. i dont know what to do please please help me!

Check your ip and port numbers on client and server

in server / data.ini it will say port = #

In client data.ini or settings.ini something like that it will say IP: # and port: #

if you want to just connect to your own pc

IP = 127.0.0.1

If you want others to connect to it they must have the ip from www.ipchicken.com YOU MUST ALSO PORT FORWARD HERE

also make sure that the Port number is the same as the one in the server file

–--EDIT

Thought of something else. Make sure you didnt ban your ip. look in banlist.txt or something make sure its empty.

---- Edit Again

Your said windows 7\. Are you running both the client and sever in compatibility mode and as admin? If not thats your problem right there.

right click client.exe go to properties. it will say compatibility.

in that there will be a check box that says RUN as ADMIN. make sure that is checked.

another box that says RUN in Compatiblity mode
Check that.

A drop down box will light up. Select XP service pack 2 hit apply.

you must do this when you install the library files as well.

I think you use XP service pack 2 not sure, I use xp but installed it on my buddies pc before, and I think thats the one I used.

@thazzrill:

> And is this edition only with snow and raindeer and stuff or is it like an expansion?

Even if it was, you shouldn't use the graphics installed with Origins. You should make your own.

@thazzrill:

> Can you please tell me in instructions what server exe in eclipse stables.

In the server folder? It's not that hard to find…

AWWWWW THANK YOU SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH ROBIN IT FREAKING WORKS YOU ARE THE BEST THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
One more question is it an expansion the the normal eclipse or no because i dont want to play with manga kind of char and have snow?

You didn't try running the server before? lulz

It's not an expansion. Robin redid the engine. You can do basically anything with VB6 and Origins. You can add all the graphics, sprites, etc you want without VB6, although it's suggested.

@Robin:

> I think you're a bit confused. Eclipse isn't a game, it's a tool you use to make your own game.
>
> You download the server and client then create your own game with it.

I think he's confused too…