Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Dragon Age 2

Kusy

I preordered the game about a month ago. Right now I'm seriously thinking about not redeeming it from the shop when it arives. Combat feels like you're watching a ducking anime for 13 year old boys. Enemies LITERALLY explode into pices after being stabbed with a dagger or shot with an arrow. It's beyond retarded, rouges do 5 meter jumps to close range if you target a far away enemy (if you ever played KOTOR or any other Star Wars game, they do exacly what you'd understand as a force jump), they teleport behind an enemy to perform a backstab and they lob explosive flasks by throwing them up the air and then kicking them in their enemies direction… like those faggots playing with footbags on school corridors. Mages just go kame-hame-ha and work their staffs like professional pole-dancers.

The only reason I'm still even considering buying this game is because the story might save it... but since you can't even decide what your character say anymore with the Mass Effect like dialogue wheel (seems even more dumbed down that it is in ME, without icons telling you if what you are going to say is agressive, serious, peacefull or a joke you wouldn't even know what is going to happen after clicking) it doesn't seem likely.

It's also worth mentioning that the PC version is a fucked up console port.

This is shit

I played Two Worlds 2 recently. Pirated it since I'm never going to buy a game made by a polish company without checking it out before. What seriously turned me off was that even in the intro the animations were ducked up. Was fun but not worth buying too imo. Maybee it's time to drop the RPG genre and buy Bulletstorm or even wait for Arkham City.

ROFL @ your review on combat Kusy

I'm surprised they changed so much off Dragon Age: Origins, that's not like them to change things so drastically on a decent IP. And ugh, console ports to PCs are horrid, although with Bioware games it isn't too bad. But yeah it looks like they are going ridiculous on the stylization of the game which I think is stupid for that franchise since alot of its appeal was it's old school RPG style.

I agree with you completely on the combat. It is ridiculous. They had console players complaining "OH ITZ NUT 2 FUST PASTE!!!1 MUK EET FASTARRR!!1" and they completly reworked it into a hack 'n' slash. Tactical camera is gone completly, which really annoys the hell out of me.

Oh, and the Darkspawn look terrible compared to Dragon Age: Origins.

The whole "don't get to pick my past" thing is rather unreasonable. It was called Dragon Age: ORIGINS for a reason. Hopefully the story will end up being better due to them being able to create a whole past for through, since though you were a kid. That may allow intresting things to come into the story.

I am also considering cancelling my pre-order and pre-ordering Deus Ex instead. Two things are stopping me from doing this; the fact that it got a 90~ on PC Gamer and the story.

yeah ive been debating cancelling my pre-order after playing the demo, definatly not a fan of the graphical changes. Don't mind the combat pace too much but yeah.. a fair few of the Mass effect team worked on this game and you can really see it.

@«:

> [»Wolf «][» link=topic=69305.msg747030#msg747030  the fact that it got a 90~ on PC Gamer and the story.

When was the last time when any of the best known gaming magazines/media gave less than 90~ to a mainstream game? Everything gets 90~

I seriously can't wait for Bathesda to bitchslap BioWare.

• 2 weeks later...
I bought it today.

Just started. Let's see how this goes…

I've chosen my class (Male/female warrior/rogue/mage), KOTOR style... BUt I havn't chosen my appearance? What the shit? D<... Where's my fucking appearance?

Blood in the intro is all over the place from slight slashes...

First battle, being ambushed. Whilst I do like the new combat system, it's horrible quick. Ok, I'm facing this way. Someone behind me? 2 frames later, I'm half-way through a slash :/.

It would seem they're attempting to appeal to 13 year olds… with an 18+ game. Whut.

The combat is quite fun, as long as you look past the overly speedy attacks. Play it on Nightmare difficulty and it's playable. Shitty that you can't change your appearance, unless I have yet to get to this. =|

Ah, alrighty, now I can change my appearance. T'is quite well-made... Portrait is a little small and hard to see, about 50x50px on my screen. The game seems to be made for a larger screen size, however.

I've gone for a classic sir knight apperance; handlebar moustache, dark blue eyes and swept back black hair.

Also, on the factor of speech, you can tell what alignment you will go towards with what you say. The orb seems to change, and the reponses are fairly obvious. Example;

Mother: We've lost it all, everything your father built.
Options;
- I'm Sorry, Mother.
- Look on the Bright Side.
- We're wasting Time.

Oh, my, I really like the voice actor for the main Character. He covers each type quite well.

"Aha, At least we're still alive - and that's no small feat! :D"
"Listen, you two, we must leave, the darkspawn could be upon us at any moment."

Bravo and Kudos to the fellow.

The battling is quite hack and slack without skills...-Hey, isn't Sir Wesley in Lothering Temple in DA1? There doesn't seem to be a block button, so it's just a matter of killing them before they kill you, or just running around a in circle whilst your mage heals you =|.

Oh, and, the cutscenes are very over-dramatic and short-spaced. It's like they're trying to pack emotions into 20 second clips. Walking along, la la la, then bam, depression. You're left going "Lol what? I don't care."

i beat the whole game and loved it (not as much as origins of course) its a little differnt but the challenge factor is still there and the story seems to be setting things up for a couple more good games… and the ending left me wanting dragon age 3.. its all about skyrim now till then

@Justn:

> i beat the whole game and loved it (not as much as origins of course) its a little differnt but the challenge factor is still there and the story seems to be setting things up for a couple more good games… and the ending left me wanting dragon age 3.. its all about skyrim now till then

Actually, the story is *really* sucking me in. I dislike that it's being narrated, however. He basically ruins a part of the chapter before you get to it.

Nethertheless, I've had to force myself to pause before I a; starve, and b; liquidate myself. =|

Edit;
My new "Preowned" xBox just crashed. I restarted. Went for a deliquidifcation. Came back. Saw the intro film for the first time. There's an up and down for this.

Upside: Those are some *amazing* graphics. I havn't seen GFX like that for quite a while; it has the breathe in the air and everything, when they breath.

Downside: Ruined. DAMN YOU BIOWARE. Stop ruining the fucking plot for me, over and over.

I would suggest, HIGHLY SUGGEST, against watching the intro film. Skip it. Skip it with your eyes closed and sound muted. Godammit.

>! The plot is… Ok. The ending is very nice and I hardley expected the large but very minor plot twist at the end. I sided with the Templars, but if you side with the Mages the battles are exactly the same.
>! The ending is just... Annoying. I mean, what happened to my Grey Warden? He had a relationship with Lelliana, shouldn't he of told her somethign like "Oh, yeah, Lelianna. I'm going to go away for a few years to INCERT PLACE HERE. Don't worry about me!"
>! At least the whole Witch Hunt "the world is changing" bullshit has been threaded into Dragon Age 2\.
>! *SPOILERS*
>! Anders is such a douchebag.

@«:

> [»Wolf «][» link=topic=69305.msg756792#msg756792 date=1300827220]
> What he said.

Spoiler tag this entire godamn thing :/.

D<. Nothing worse than a …spoiler...er... Spoiling person. Spoil sport.

Edit;
Mannn, you really are a damn meanie. The woman just told me to go find -that fellow-, who seems to be helping everybody he comes across. Now I can't even try to trust him, because you ruined it for me. The character building is now worthless, because it's likely a lie, on his part.

@Azkanan:

> Spoiler tag this entire godamn thing :/.
>
> D<. Nothing worse than a …spoiler...er... Spoiling person. Spoil sport.
>
> Edit;
> Mannn, you really are a damn meanie. The woman just told me to go find -that fellow-, who seems to be helping everybody he comes across. Now I can't even try to trust him, because you ruined it for me. The character building is now worthless, because it's likely a lie, on his part.

I didn't spoil the plot in there. I didn't say a single thing about the plot other than about my Grey Warden and Lelliana, which has NOTHING to do with the story. It is just talking about a line at the end of the game. It isn't important or plot spoiling.

About Anders: Maybe you shouldn't have read the bottom part? Trust me, it wont be what you think. I would tell you what he doesn't do, but then you'd know and you'd cry some more about it >.<

LOL I found a HUGE bug! Some dwarf called Sarah in the Hightown district. I went to turn in a quest. 250 XP and Silvers.

It didnt go away. I turned it in again. And again. And again. INFINITE XP AND SILVERS! I don't usually do bug-abuse, but this is absolute gold dust <3

I am now level 12, with 131 Sovereigns+. In the first Act.

Edit;

Level 29, 846 Sovereigns :3.

• 2 weeks later...
The game's actualy better than Orgins in every gameplay department except for reused maps and retardified skilltrees. Story is less linear since it's a clusterfuck of well done but not too connected quests, graphics are quite stunning and the only thing that bothered me with the new "artstyle" are the elves and darkspawn.

I'm on the begining of act III since I didn't bother to install it for quite some time after launch. I'm positively suprised with the game not being as much ass as I expected it do be from whiny feedback on the official forums. Oh, and I'm also annoyed that Anders is a faggot.

@Kusy:

> The game's actualy better than Orgins in every gameplay department except for reused maps and retardified skilltrees. Story is less linear since it's a clusterfuck of well done but not too connected quests, graphics are quite stunning and the only thing that bothered me with the new "artstyle" are the elves and darkspawn.

I also love the questing in-game.

My main applause, however, goes to how the game was made. Rather than, with most of the previous games by Bioware, you get thrown into a kingdom-spanning event where you turn out to be the hero, you're just trying to defend your home, gain wealth and make a name for your family.
It's a very family-orientated game. Whenever something good or bad happens to a family member, it reverberates quite strongly to the player.