Find results in...

[EO] Alatar's Quest System v1.2

Alatar

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wierd. I can't find "Call OnDeath(victim) neither. :huh:
I checked Server Side-> ModCombat-> Under the sub "PlayerAttackPlayer" and couldn't see it at all.
I looked over the other tutorials I've used and none of them altered anything related to "Call OnDeath(victim)"…. Plz help :sad:

Edit: Nevermind, found it. I Was looking in PlayerAttackNpc. *Palm to Face
In the tutorial it said:

> Sub PlayerAttackNpc, find:
>
> Code: [Select]
> Call OnDeath(victim)Above place this:
>
> Code: [Select]
> Call CheckTasks(attacker, QUEST_TYPE_GOKILL, 0)

May need to be corrected to stop confusion for noobs like me.  ;)

@Chukillz:

> i get a compile error when i add
>
> PlayerQuest(1 To MAX_QUESTS) As PlayerQuestRec

what is highmarked?
and what does the error say?

check if you added MAX_QUESTS and PlayerQuestRec, if PlayerQuest is highmarked, then you just raped ur source…

EDIT: MAX_QUESTS should be in enumerations I think and PlayerQuestRec in types I think...

@Alatar:

> **Way 2**
> Install the system on your own EO manually, following the steps below and **remember** to [download the extra files](http://www.mediafire.com/?pz31rx4b29is4l0) and add them to your project.

follow exactly what the tutorial say.
Download the extra files and add them to your project

EDIT: Now I am gonna watch the next page of [http://www.lolflash.com](http://www.lolflash.com) ^^

whoa i totally read that but i flippin didnt do it man i am so stupid for that…

(sorry i am a bit dislexic sometimes i feel like such an idiot i am actually kicking my self so hard right now)

any way...thanks man for the help i owe you hugely (and everyone else who is able to bare with me here)

*edit* actually after reading the tutorial....

The modQuests is added to the client side...which i did do *correct me if i am wrong*

@Chukillz:

> whoa i totally read that but i flippin didnt do it man i am so stupid for that…
>
> (sorry i am a bit dislexic sometimes i feel like such an idiot i am actually kicking my self so hard right now)
>
> any way...thanks man for the help i owe you hugely (and everyone else who is able to bare with me here)

Ok, now stop kicking yourself so hard. And remain calm [http://www.lolflash.com/?id=8](http://www.lolflash.com/?id=8).

@Chukillz:

> ok what i did is i downloaded the extra files….
>
> I uploaded them to the folders specified but i had to take them from /client/ to client/src i did the same thing for the server am i wrong that i put it in the src folder?

Whaha lol xD

* : A project explorer is the small listbox in VB6 where you can see all the files in your project.
** : You have to delete your old frmEditor_NPC.
*** : You have to delete your old frmMain.

>! 1: Open your client project.
2: Right-Click in the *"Project Explorer".
3: Move your mouse on "Add".
4: Click "Add file…"
5: Explore to the folder with the extra files you have downloaded.
6: In the folder with the extra files open the client folder.
7: ** Double-Click "frmEditor_NPC".
8: Redo step 2 to 6.
9: Double-Click "frmEditor_Quest".
10: Redo step 2 to 6.
11: *** Double-Click "frmMain".
12: Redo step 2 to 6.
13: Double-Click modQuests.
14: Save your project.
15: Compile your project.

>! 1: Open your server project.
2: Right-Click in the *"Project Explorer".
3: Move your mouse on "Add".
4: Click "Add file…"
5: Explore to the folder with the extra files you have downloaded.
6: In the folder with the extra files open the server folder.
7: Double-Click "modSvQuests".
8: Save your project.
9: Compile your project.

I hope you understand it :)
And I suggest you to follow some basic Visual Basic 6 tutorials on the internet, and study the EO2.0 project.

EDIT: you are not wrong, that you putted them in the src folder. But you have to add them to the project too.

ok i did this at 4 AM in the morning i was tired i missed things and plus it is hard for me to read things at times sometimes my brain misses a few words…MY BAD...if i ask for help it is not meaning that i didnt read...I READ THE TUTORIAL... :mad: like i said MY BAD

@Chukillz:

> ok i did this at 4 AM in the morning i was tired i missed things and plus it is hard for me to read things at times sometimes my brain misses a few words…MY BAD...if i ask for help it is not meaning that i didnt read...I READ THE TUTORIAL... :mad: like i said MY BAD

never heard that one before XD

@eric125 dude that was a useless message you need to read the part of the forums that says "IF YOU DO NOT KNOW THE ANSWER DONT REPLY" because all i am trying to do is learn here so back off me please

@everyone else
how would i add more then 70 quests?

TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE READING THIS!!!
I am new to visual basics 6 and i am trying….i am learning everything from this one mod...i have already learned some vb6 by putting this mod into my system...as of right now this is going to be the main modification that i add to my engine...

I am not trying to be a pain here...i am just trying to learn like every one of you older members had to do at one time...

@everyone else
how would i add more then 70 quests?

TO ALL OF THE PEOPLE READING THIS!!!
I am new to visual basics 6 and i am trying….i am learning everything from this one mod...i have already learned some vb6 by putting this mod into my system...as of right now this is going to be the main modification that i add to my engine...

I am not trying to be a pain here...i am just trying to learn like every one of you older members had to do at one time...

modQuests in your server and in your client search for MAX_QUESTS = and change the 70 to 255 or smthing.. But why would you need more the 70 quests??

Sorry for the double post, but there is a couple bugs I noticed…If  you have more than one quest and have made progress in them, only the first quest you obtained remains visible in quest log.. as well, the quests do not disappear from the quest log when completed.. shouldnt they?

@Murdock:

> How could you modify this so that you can return to the original npc that gave the quest if need be… would it be simple or huge edit?

I had the same problem. The answer is simple, and lies in the quest system itself.

Let's say You got a quest to "Kill 12 walking balls" - make it the 'first task', with no reward when completed. Then just add second task, that's "Go talk to NPC x", and as the target NPC enter the one You got the quest from.

This should work, tho I have not tested it. If it doesn't, drop me a message and I will tell You where to edit.