Find results in...

[EO] Alatar's Quest System v1.2

Alatar

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Metallica71:

> How do you make the quest button, (In the game above Inventory,Options,Etc.) have a picture/graphic like the others do?

@Erwin:

> **Quest Log Button Tutorial**
>
> **Client Side**
>
> Alright, first **make a button somewere in picMain**, make sure Visible = True.
>
> Double click on the button and **add this in the button_click sub** :
> ```
> UpdateQuestLog
>             If picQuestLog.Visible Then
>                 ShowQuestLogPage 1
>             Else
>                 picQuestLog.Visible = True
>                 picInventory.Visible = False
>                 picCharacter.Visible = False
>                 picSpells.Visible = False
>                 picOptions.Visible = False
>                 picParty.Visible = False
>           End If
> ```
> And there we have our Quest Log Button ;)

Working on the next version right now… a few of the changes will be: multi-reward, a graphical GUI for the quest system, and finishing the requirements/rewards tab.

PS: Before you people ask, yes, you will have to convert your stuff to this next version, but i'll release the converter to do it so don't worry :P

~~Okay, this is probablly just me being stupid, but I've added modQuests and frmQuest_Editor(I know its not called that, but you know what I'm talking about :p) to my src folder in the Client, but they don't show up in the client file.  Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?~~

Edit: Never mind, I forgot to add the files to the project xD

EDIT: Sorry bro didn't fully pay attention to what you said… You want it uploaded, if you really want it ill pm it to you i'm sure Alatar will upload the change in his new update soon though

Ryoku posted a one word fix for this on the previous page =)

Suggestion, party quest sharing, avabile list of quests when speak with npc and you can choose which quest to do, show done quest archive, when accept q make a npc who is attack on sight to friendly to talk with him to finish quest. Like there is Elite with uber stats and attack on sight, you start quest and by accepting him the elite becomes friendly for you and you can talk with him to finish quest. Or by starting quest friendly npcs gets aggresive and you need to kill them to finish q afther finishing q they become back friendly.
Just some suggestions where need a lot of work. xD

I took a look at the tutorial and when you finish making the quest she will already be long, it would help you put temrinar quest to attack the NPC after completing the quest I'm not mistaken is this part:

```
                        If NPC(npcNum).Behaviour = NPC_BEHAVIOUR_FRIENDLY Then
                            Call CheckTasks(attacker, QUEST_TYPE_GOTALK, npcNum)
                            Call CheckTasks(attacker, QUEST_TYPE_GOGIVE, npcNum)
                            Call CheckTasks(attacker, QUEST_TYPE_GOGET, npcNum)

If NPC(npcNum).Quest = YES Then
                                If CanStartQuest(attacker, NPC(npcNum).QuestNum) Then
                                    'if can start show the request message (chat1)
                                    QuestMessage attacker, NPC(npcNum).QuestNum, Trim$(Quest(NPC(npcNum).QuestNum).Chat(1)), NPC(npcNum).QuestNum
                                    Exit Function
                                End If
                                If QuestInProgress(attacker, NPC(npcNum).QuestNum) Then
                                    'if the quest is in progress show the meanwhile message (chat2)
                                    PlayerMsg attacker, Trim$(NPC(npcNum).Name) + ": " + Trim$(Quest(NPC(npcNum).QuestNum).Chat(2)), BrightGreen
                                    'QuestMessage attacker, NPC(npcNum).QuestNum, Trim$(Quest(NPC(npcNum).QuestNum).Chat(2)), 0
                                    Exit Function
                                End If
                            End If
                        End If
```
ignore me if I'm wrong, good luck

Great job with this Alatar, I've been playing around with it for quite a while and it works great.
I only have two small problems I have yet to figure out.
Firstly, though dying or killing someone no longer completes the quest, in Gokill quests it counts as a kill. (Which could be problematic in PvP.) I'd mostly like to know whether I did something wrong or if it's an actual bug.
Moreover, I still can't find the reward bit so I can change it to allow Exp rewards larger than 255\.

Thanks.

@Metallica71:

> I keep getting an error when I make the Eclipse Origins.Exe. It sai's variable not defined and highlights MAX_QUESTS…

@Alatar:

> **Way 2**
> Install the system on your own EO manually, following the steps below and **remember** to [download the extra files](http://www.mediafire.com/?g1gn1bosic8aan1) and add them to your project:

Should he make the "remember" more notable?
Altar, can you change the font size of "remember" into 48?

@Metallica71:

> I still get an error when I compile… I got VB6 two days ago, but I used Way 1 (Downloaded Version) before I got it. I opened the client in VB6 and it still said 'Variable Not Defined.'

Press Debug and tell us what line he's highlighting