Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Converters

Helladen

> Don't try and justify. It looks bad.

Appearance is very unimportant. Features are more important. You can't edit picture boxes yourself? People can tweak the engine to fit their needs and obviously no I did not say everyone will want to use it, but it is the main engine now and people are going to have to use it or use an older version of Eclipse to fit their needs.

It's why I spent a year working on features and figuring out the best way to do them.

> Appearance is very unimportant. Features are more important. You can't edit picture boxes yourself? People can tweak the engine to fit their needs and obviously no I did not say everyone will want to use it, but it is the main engine now and people are going to have to use it or use an older version of Eclipse to fit their needs

Appearance is very important so is performance and you cant tweak yours very easy it was so buggy most couldnt tweak source ( idk if you've fixed this or not)

> Appearance is very important so is performance and you cant tweak yours very easy it was so buggy most couldnt tweak source ( idk if you've fixed this or not)

Editing source issue was fixed in 1.2.6\. I am working on making sure it is completely stable for 1.2.6\. Then I will work on more features and UI replacement for 1.3.0.

> Appearance is very unimportant. Features are more important. You can't edit picture boxes yourself? People can tweak the engine to fit their needs and obviously no I did not say everyone will want to use it, but it is the main engine now and people are going to have to use it or use an older version of Eclipse to fit their needs.
>
>  
>
> It's why I spent a year working on features and figuring out the best way to do them.

99% of Eclipse can't edit Picture boxes by themselves. I'm not saying that I'm one of them, but still.

So what you're saying is that if I make a downright amazing game but it looks like something from the rear-end of a goat, people will line up to play it? No, they'd take one look at a screenshot and say: "Nahhhh"

Prioritize man. You have alot of features in EW already, you don't need any more at the moment.

ANNNNNND the fact that EW is now the official engine changes NOTHING. People don't HAVE to use it. EO 4.0 was the official engine too and look how that turned out.

> ANNNNNND the fact that EW is now the official engine changes NOTHING. People don't HAVE to use it. EO 4.0 was the official engine too and look how that turned out.

That's cause it was closed-source.

> Fair enough will all judge how it is once its out i just still think this topic wasnt necessary till after 1.3.0

Converters take time to do, I wanted to figure out what engines I need to convert. Seems like 2.3, 3.0, and 4 are my choices.

> At the end of the day you have a choice to convert or not, but the official engine for vb6 aka EW will be awesome so people will probably want to convert anyway.

Not necessarily , if i'm making a zombie survival game and i have it fully customized in eo 2 i'm not gonna switch to EW. Everyones games are different thats what makes them original so if they use their own custom engines thats makes the game even more original everyone using EW as a default would lose a lot of originality in eclipse games.

That makes no sense at all, Eclipse Worlds is open source like every other custom engine… I was just stating it's your choice to convert or not. He's not saying everyone will be forced to use Eclipse Worlds...basically I'm not sure why there's an argument in this topic. Eclipse members find everything to fuss about, lol.

I was making a zombie survival game and a guild system worked great. A guild system works for just about any mmorpg depending on the concept, but if you're a competent programmer removing the code that you don't want is not hard. The features are for people who lack in the area of programming, however I would say EW will target more optimization over features in the future hopefully. Again at the end of the day you can choose to use it or not, but starting a debate here makes no sense as it's all optional, you're basically getting fired up about something you have an option to choose as far as using it or not.

> I was making a zombie survival game and a guild system worked great. A guild system works for just about any mmorpg depending on the concept, but if you're a competent programmer removing the code that you don't want is not hard. The features are for people who lack in the area of programming, however I would say EW will target more optimization over features in the future hopefully. Again at the end of the day you can choose to use it or not, but starting a debate here makes no sense as it's all optional, you're basically getting fired up about something you have an option to choose as far as using it or not.

the zombie survival was just an example, and no ones getting fired up this was put in the discussion form so thats why most of us are discussing it.

Have you read the topic at all? He asked what engines people used, important information about your engines for the creation of the converters. Not your thoughts on the situation. I haven't seen one post where you told him what engine you used, which to me is derailing of the topic.

> I personally have all of my old content on EO 2.3, a converter for that would be amazing. Congrats on the new position, I have always been in support of eclipse worlds.

This is an example of relevance to the topic.

Also, it's not directed at you, just any comments not relevant in general.

> Have you read the topic at all? He asked what engines people used, important information about your engines for the creation of the converters. Not your thoughts on the situation. I haven't seen one post where you told him what engine you used, which to me is derailing of the topic.
>
>  
>
> This is an example of relevance to the topic.
>
>  
>
> Also, it's not directed at you, just any comments not relevant in general.

Maybe a different choice of words would of been better here. Im absolutely sure the way im taking this isnt the way you ment it and i hope you clarify.

if this is a prime example of how forum threads should go here Id need to report almost all of the forum.

Eclipse was never designed for anything other than MORPG games. If you are using it for a zombie survival game, you are better off using Construct 2 or Unity.

Basically, this engine is going to make a unified experience of games, that feel similar, but are able to be altered to feel different similar to what RPG Maker does.