Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oakwood Needs A Team!

Grizzy

A team of any type. What r ur talents? Let me know what you can do if your interested and I'll do my best to find a place for you on our team.

Would like someone who can map
Who can come up with creative ideas or design
Who can make music or sounds
Who just anything you think you can do to make the project that much better. Check out my WIP and let me know something.

If you can do any of these things and would like to join a reply never hurt. (:

The dimensions/shading/viewpoint of that house right of the red tree and the stone wall could be improved. Your tiles have potential if you work on view point, but overall good job.

Also the rock shades should be switched in my opinion, with the lighter colors on the top-right and the darker colors on the bottom left, not the opposite.

I'm no help as a coder but I hope you get one. Your project looks promising. :)

@Esmeyana:

> Do you want it full screen, and the map will zoom in…
> Or full screen and the map will be wider..
> ???

Umm I wanted the GUI to be full screen. I wouldn't really care if it zoomed. Just so long as it is full screen and looks the same for every computer no matter what resolution it is using.. see my resolution is a little abnormal because I use a notepad to do most of my work on. So I want one that looks the same for everyone. I have a blank GUI layout of how I would look all the GUI's to look. I don't want ANY GUI's made for me, I want to learn and try to make them on my own lol.

PreEdit: Actually I'm going to post em so if you don't see them on this post, I'm in the process of doing so right now. :)

@Jungle - thanks man. I know quite a few buildings need to be redone from when I 1st started to learn how to do it all. Also thanks with the rocks, I'll get on it. & I know the cliffs still look rough haha. I feel like you can significantly tell which things I made when I started and which ones I've made more recent, as I've learned to shade and pixel.

Edit: ADDED! XD
![](http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/6108/screencld.png)

@Grizzy:

> Umm I wanted the GUI to be full screen. I wouldn't really care if it zoomed. Just so long as it is full screen and looks the same for every computer no matter what resolution it is using.. see my resolution is a little abnormal because I use a notepad to do most of my work on. So I want one that looks the same for everyone. I have a blank GUI layout of how I would look all the GUI's to look. I don't want ANY GUI's made for me, I want to learn and try to make them on my own lol.

Ok, so it dont rly matter if, example: The size of the chat screen is 500X250 and when it will be fullscreen it will change in 750X375?
And the "in game screen" have a map of 15X15 tiles, and the tiles will be 25% bigger, and it will stay 15X15.

The above is easy to make..
But if you want that when fullscreened the map wich is 15X15 will change in 25X25 for example and the unused tiles in the map will be black, this is a little harder to make..

Ps. I may and want help you ^^

Thats fine, I just want and need it to stay constant on everyone's profile.. I need everyone to see the same thing, as in if someone has a different size screen than another person, i don't want one to have things distorted. I want every player to have the same resolution when playing in game full screen.

@Grizzy:

> Thats fine, I just want and need it to stay constant on everyone's profile.. I need everyone to see the same thing, as in if someone has a different size screen than another person, i don't want one to have things distorted. I want every player to have the same resolution when playing in game full screen.

Ok now I exactly know what you mean ^^
I will take a look, just w8 for me untill tomorrow ;P

@Esmeyana:

> Ok now I exactly know what you mean ^^
> I will take a look, just w8 for me untill tomorrow ;P

lol okay man. if your new to coding as long as u have the will to learn and are willing to do what it takes to learn I def could use someone on the team like that. I used to be terrible at making gfx, I'm still not great but practice makes perfect and I've been putting a lot of practice in.

edit: also I want the hot bars F1-F12 at the bottom right about the chat bar like it is on EO now. and I want the health and the health and stuff transparent on the top left so where u can see it but its just the bars and u can SLIGHTLY see through them. Feel free to msg me and let me know how it goes.

@Grizzy:

> lol okay man. if your new to coding as long as u have the will to learn and are willing to do what it takes to learn I def could use someone on the team like that. I used to be terrible at making gfx, I'm still not great but practice makes perfect and I've been putting a lot of practice in.

hihi :)
I am not really the coder, thats a friend of me, I talked to him today, and he alreaddy have the code  :)
My brother will make the Gfx buttons :)
I will send you a version of eclipse origins with the full screen installed, you will see how to do it :)
My friend say its pretty easy…

@Esmeyana:

> hihi :)
> I am not really the coder, thats a friend of me, I talked to him today, and he alreaddy have the code  :)
> My brother will make the Gfx buttons :)
> I will send you a version of eclipse origins with the full screen installed, you will see how to do it :)
> My friend say its pretty easy…

who's ur friend? I already have a version with a quest add on installed. But still send it anyways so I can take a look at it. Thanks man. Have ur friend take a look at my game and tell me what he thinks. U both are welcome to help. Like I said dedication is key lol.

the use of the dynamic sized maps in EO should make it a piece of cake to resize the game screen and keep it at the same zoom level. All you have to do is change out the render screen size variables to match the new size.

@Frosty:

> if you want the main form to be fullscreen on every computer, I'm pretty sure you'll have to make a different configuration for each resolution.

why couldn't a default one reset everyones resolution to the same?

Because, example, my screen is something like 1980x1080 pixels (i'm using my 32" LCD HD TV), however at the school, our monitors are something more like 1024x768 (pieces of crap…). So if you make your game "full screen" so that it takes up the full resolution of the monitor in use, all pieces of the GUI would have to be dynamic, or they can move around and resize based on the size of the screen.

Now, in most games, the game has no window, so it just takes over the monitor and sets the resolution to whatever it wants, and whenever youre done it sets everything back. But because we are using VB6 you can't do that (you're using a windowed form).

So your best bet is to make a game screen 1024x768 (lowest standard monitor out there beside netbooks) and if it doesn't take up the whole screen, all well.

> Now, in most games, the game has no window, so it just takes over the monitor and sets the resolution to whatever it wants, and whenever youre done it sets everything back. But because we are using VB6 you can't do that (you're using a windowed form).

You can have fullscreen in vb6\. I am not sure about dx7 but I have no problem doing it in dx8\. My engine can even scale all the graphics depending on resolution I choose to set or even allow user to select a fullscreen resolution.

@Pbcrazy:

> Now, in most games, the game has no window, so it just takes over the monitor and sets the resolution to whatever it wants, and whenever youre done it sets everything back. But because we are using VB6 you can't do that (you're using a windowed form).

…what? Of course you can make it fullscreen.

@Robin:

> …what? Of course you can make it fullscreen.

o.0 while its still in a window? I thought you had to do so via DX7/8? Obviously you can make it full screen using DirectX, but I was talking about with it still in a window. But would making it full screen via DirectX loose all the window form "features" (picboxes, labels, etc)?

Sorry guys, apparently I had it wrong! :)

I'm too used to working soley with graphics API, not using labels and forms and such.

Hey the code is readdy but not complete ^^
He made the important part of it, and said, "the rest is easy, i am not going to be your coder.."
Sorry that its not complete, I tried to take a look, but I am not that good in Visual Basic, I rly didnt know what to do :{
What you need to do is..
Make a fullscreen gfx main
change the place of the buttons/skills menu/character menu etc.. etc… for the full screen.
search in the source for "Esmeyana" and you will see what he did

ps. he wouldnt see your game, he is not rly a fan of eclipse, but sometimes he help me...
I would release it to every body, so here is the download:
[http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,70881.0.html](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,70881.0.html)