Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Just feel like showing my progress off. Tell me what ya think (:

Grizzy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUo1vW9m9vw

Obviously I'm aware what needs work or some things, just want some opinions of the direction I'm going and how my progression is looking. Thanks for your time if you view :)

@Conra:

> Vitin is a pro so i guess he is right. But i think it gives it character.

He is right about the pallet considering I don't use one lol, but Thank you for the compliments. There is always something someone can do to improve their tiles.

Looks pretty good, although there are some repetitive patterns in the tiles which I would try and fix, like the brick walls, and also the lack of detail on the wall around the town, when you're walking down.
I like the trees, but the bottom part of it should be smaller imo.

@Lukin:

> Looks pretty good, although there are some repetitive patterns in the tiles which I would try and fix, like the brick walls, and also the lack of detail on the wall around the town, when you're walking down.
> I like the trees, but the bottom part of it should be smaller imo.

I've been trying to give the top part of the wall a more castle look. I've had some trouble with it, but I am still going to work at it, and honestly I couldn't agree more. There are still tons of things I think the town needs to make it look more legit. I was thinking of added tree stumps, fallen over wood, little seedlings around the trees, I've darkened the grass a slight bit to make it less bright. A well also. I've been trying to make the town inside the river look more townish than the rest of the town, so I think for it I'm going to add brick walk ways and a small town center.. Just thoughts. Outskirts need a lot added too. I need more small miscellaneous stuff on the grass to make it look less repetitive I just can't think of things to make besides what I've mentioned.

I actually commend you, most people just use pre-made graphics, but this doesn't look half bad. Yeah, colours may need a bit of a revamp, some colours I don't quite understand, and the buildings look rather awkward, but that deer is quite well made, and you have a lot to show.

It's not easy creating tilesets, paperdolls, spritesheets and spells, so I definitely recognize the time and effort you've put into this, it's more than most can say they put into their games, heck, you've probably done more work than I have on Ambershire.

Get a good palette, by searching the net or something, and you'll be set. It's really just a matter of practice with pixel art, and you're headed in the right direction Grizzy. Good job so far.

@Tousen:

> I like your GUI, you're game looks good, hope you have success.

I just caught this lol.. I'm still using the default GUI haha. As in im such a bad coder I'm terrified to touch anything in VB6 until I learn anything. XP