Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Tiles

Zetasis

I just wanted to show off some of the tiles I have been working on for Life forge. I'm aiming for a retro style so any constructive feed back would be nice. I've also been working on some sprites which can be found here: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,71161.0.html

Anyways here they are in action:
![](http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/Zetasis/MyTiles.png)

These are my first tiles I have ever attempted and I don't think they're too bad. They could use some work but I'm really not sure on what exactly.

First thing I noticed is that your grass/dirt tile does not match with the rest of your "retro" graphics since the pixel size is not consistent. Also, I have a real problem with the perspective of the house…It's just that it's totally wrong at the moment with an eye level perspective of the house on your birds eye view ground, it just makes the house look like its lying flat on the ground.

Edit: One last thing I want to mention is try to steer away from the pattern fill on your roof. That's just the lazy way. I suggest trying to make them actually look like roof shingles.

grass and dirt are well, horrid.  They don't match your 2x pixel size, and they look like just a spray tool.  look at some grass tutorials and other grass tiles.  I'd especially reccomend looking at RM2K resized to 32x32 because that is the same thing you're going for here.

For your first tiles awesome work. Don't get down when people tell you its horrid and terrible, because its your 1st time. But kyoghin hit a lot of good points, so I won't need to say much. I like the retro style. It would be nice to see a "naked look" on one of the sprites so we can see more on a base of what your working with. Plus if you want to see more for your style check out some old Nes games and see how stuff was done, u won't be able to pull off some of the things they messed up on tho back in the day, but you will get a good feel of what your going for and what kind of patterns, colors, and pixel styles you can work with.