Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Hobbit (move this to off topic plz)

Grizzy

Anyone as excited as me to watch this? I literally just finished the book and and now reading the lord of the rings and I loved the dwarfs and bilbo and their adventure. I think it will be an awesome movie personally. Long over due prequel. Opinions anyone?

@Helladen:

> I don't think enough went on during that book to make it as great as the other three movies.

I disagree. Although I'm not done reading the other books yet. I rly liked the hobbit and the play out of Bilbo Baggins. I think them going through the mountains could be very good if played out correctly.

I started reading "The Hobbit" before "The Lord of the Rings". Tolkien wrote the first story for his kids, he didn't write this as a step to "The Lord of the Rings". (neither did he ever think that people would actually like what he wrote, he wrote it mainly for himself)

Therefore I like " The Lord of the Rings" more then "The Hobbit", not because of the story but because of the writing style (and the world in "The Hobbit" is fairly simplified).

On the other hand, I can't wait to see the movie as the director has proven himself worthy enough to put these books into film. The thing I dislike tough is the fact that it will be released in 2 parts (yes, this is understandable as the amount of money they will spend on the movie is twice as big as the budget on the entire "Lord of the Rings" series)

Here's a pre-release clip I found:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqzJ1LFh6x0

I have been waiting for this since they originially knocked the idea around sometime after they finished the return of the king. As for it not having enough for a movie. Think of this, they had originally planned to make this into two movies because it had so much stuff they wanted to do. If they are still doing that I dont think anyone knows but the people working on it.

Almost 300 posts and you post it in the wrong section. Nice.

Also, The Two Towers movie sucked. Idc really about the Hobbit movie; but that's cynicism on my part; I'm at the age where I've been disappointed but so much media that I don't buy any hype before something is released (this applies to video games as well).

@Draken:

> Hobbit story line is better the Lord of the rings, Plus the LoTR movies had nothing on the books Gotta love how they left out a few main characters like the shape shifter and stuff

True, but I've watched the extra's.. and the reason why they left out several characters (such as bombadil) where pretty obvious. If they used all the characters, it would a 6-7h movie.

On the other hand, the story of the Hobbit is fairly simple and short. This + the fact that there are going to be 2 parts raises my hopes for a very accurate movie.

um they didnt have to squeeze all 3 books into just 3 movies they could have made each book 2 movies.  which they would have made more money off it too.

and about the cartoon hobbit, Love it lol great movie.

I'm not sure if they expected such a huge success from the first series… otherwise the budget would have been higher. Or maybe the budged of the company was spend on another movie, I don't know.

I'm still looking forward tough, hype or not.

I hope they don't cut out any of the dwarfs or anything gay. But its looking like (from what I read they) they will have all 13 of them. Which I think will be fun to watch and have a feeling it will be comical at times, as i feel they are in the book. I read Frodo would be in this as well.. someone want to explain to me why? Because I wasn't sure if I missed something with that one.

@Draken:

> Hopefully the huge 5 army battle at the end will be epic :P

I have a feeling that battle could be a big reason why they made it into two movies. I think they have a lot to work with esp in two movies. I've got a feeling the Mirkwood forest will look very epic, no merit just a gut feeling lol.

LotR was a really good movie adaptation, honestly. I read the Hobbit, all 3 tomes of Lord of the Rings, The Children of Húrin and Silmarilion (a must read for a fan tho) and with how Tolkien wrote his books, it was impossible to make it more accutare… well there also was a cartoon from LotR but it only covered the first tome and a half. Too bad, because it was really good imo.

Hobbit should be awesome.

I think The hobbit will be the best tolkien movie. Tho I havent read the book or seen the animated movie, But! I've played the game "Hobbit" You play as Bilbo sneaking at trolls, fighting spiders, meeting the dwarfs etc. Awesome game awesome game ;)