Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A better way to ban people

dthnote801

Is this possible? 

I realize it probably is, but any tips how.  [Not mentioning the game name] Is getting attacked multiple times and the player is avoiding bans, so I'd like to make it so where it's like a MAC Ban or something better then the IP ban.

Any suggestions?

@Varethien:

> Is this possible? 
>
> I realize it probably is, but any tips how.  [Not mentioning the game name] Is getting attacked multiple times and the player is avoiding bans, so I'd like to make it so where it's like a MAC Ban or something better then the IP ban.
>
> Any suggestions?

is it TS? if so, i suggest coding a new ban system with VB6 if possible… and i believe there is a way on your control panel to block an IP, but im not sure..

@Varethien:

> I'm not revealing the game name.

ok then, well anyways, there is somewhere in the computer control panel to block a IP from connecting to your computer at all, even if they change it, it detects and blocks the new IP. i just forget where it is or if it was a program i installed..

If you don't encrypt your packets it is easy to avoid getting banned because of your hardware.
As Robin said, it's better to remove the bug/glitch/exploit or whatever.
Right now every ppl with an average knowledge of programming can kill a running server in no time.

@Robin:

> _fix whatever he is using to attack you._

That's the thing we're not sure what he's using to attack because the server doesn't save the logs of the server so we can't find out that way.  All we know is that he's using some sort of bot.

Bans based on hardware serials aren't effective (unless you are dealing with idiots). Bans based on IP-addresses are somewhat effective. Bans based on accounts are effective. Improving the protocol is most effective (considering all protocols I've ever seen here are totally flawed).

Regards,
  Stephan.

@Varethien:

> That's the thing we're not sure what he's using to attack because the server doesn't save the logs of the server so we can't find out that way.  All we know is that he's using some sort of bot.

Then start saving logs…

@Varethien:

> We tried, the logs don't save with the save logs button on the server apparently.

I'm sorry, but if you can't get a damn logging system going then I find it hard to believe that you can create another ban system, let alone patch any security holes.