Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New 3DS Update, YOU MISSED IT!

RyokuHasu

@Yeximobile:

> It's a handheld system, flash would be a pretty big power drain. I dunno about future updates though.

The system is one giant power drain… they couldnt put a better battery in the thing? thats the biggest down side to th system only 5 hours of gameplay on the LOWEST settings. DSi had 16 hours of gameplay on lowest settings.

@RyokuHasu:

> The system is one giant power drain… they couldnt put a better battery in the thing? thats the biggest down side to th system only 5 hours of gameplay on the LOWEST settings. DSi had 16 hours of gameplay on lowest settings.

But then they couldnt rerelease the same product in 6 months with increased battery life!

Not being able to watch youtube videos is a MASSIVE fail on Ninty's behalf. I mean its considered a basic amenity of a web browser to be able to watch youtube videos in this day and age. Looking at the screenshots it seems the 90 year olds in charge of Nintendo want us to look at our pet dogs blogs and some messaging system which they built themselves (probably need friend codes to be able to send a limited number of approved phrases).

![](http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2010/09/3ds_browser.jpg)

I was looking forward to being able to open up a youtube video and checking how to do something in a game if I get stuck.

@Broojo:

> Not being able to watch youtube videos is a MASSIVE fail on Ninty's behalf. I mean its considered a basic amenity of a web browser to be able to watch youtube videos in this day and age. Looking at the screenshots it seems the 90 year olds in charge of Nintendo want us to look at our pet dogs blogs and some messaging system which they built themselves (probably need friend codes to be able to send a limited number of approved phrases).
>
> ![](http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/kotaku/2010/09/3ds_browser.jpg)
>
> I was looking forward to being able to open up a youtube video and checking how to do something in a game if I get stuck.

Not that I really care that much, but yeah that is what I was getting at, even my phone can view flash videos and it's several years old now.