Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Personal Health

deathtaker26

So weird topic I know, but… I thought it would be cool, weird to ask on this forums though.

As most of you know, I am one hell of a handsome man, proof by the Real Life Picture Thread, or as some like to call it, The Crest & Yukiro Selfie thread.

Joking set aside, I have had acne since I was 17 and I have been for YEARS trying to get rid of it. I've tried Proactive which I heard really helps, but it never seemed to work for me. I wash my face all the time and can't seem to clear it.

Does anyone here use breakout solution? If so, what brand and how does it work for you?

Washing your face all the time is the worst thing you can do, You are stripping essential oils from your skin, making it dry and you may not notice it but the bacteria does. Acne cannot be cured, but it can be controlled with a treatment that works for you. I wouldn't say I have had it, but I had a real bad skin when I was younger. If you are using creams from over the counter make sure they are water based. I found creams that help you shed skin quicker unclog pores worked the best as its basically a bottleneck of over producing oils (again washing will not help here, if anything make it worse), bacteria inside the pore that block the pore and then it becomes inflamed. 

* I used to wash my face with soap and water twice a day, morning and night. DO NOT be tempted to scrub and rub.
* My doctor also prescribed some ointment that I had to apply day and night that stained my T-shirt and a quick google search brought up Benzoyl Peroxide but i would be lying if i said that is what I used.

Rinse and repeat daily, never miss a wash and never scrub or be rough with the areas that are prone to it. Things will "scab" and look worse, but it's just the body healing. After a month or two, things calmed down I then turned to light exfoliating to buff my skin and remove old dead skin. After a few more months it became a habit and I, like I should hope most people, wash morning and night, but no longer need the cream (took a few months to be 100% spot free).

Good luck.

This is what cured my spot prone skin, but acne is an incurable condition, but might help Crest <3

> So weird topic I know, but… I thought it would be cool, weird to ask on this forums though.
>
> As most of you know, I am one hell of a handsome man, proof by the Real Life Picture Thread, or as some like to call it, The Crest & Yukiro Selfie thread.
>
> Joking set aside, I have had acne since I was 17 and I have been for YEARS trying to get rid of it. I've tried Proactive which I heard really helps, but it never seemed to work for me. I wash my face all the time and can't seem to clear it.
>
> Does anyone here use breakout solution? If so, what brand and how does it work for you?

Acne doesn't go away by washing your face so stop doing it compulsively, it's not even healthy for the skin.

Accept yourself, you aren't going to be more loved by having less zits.

If you don't want to accept yourself, you have two options: 1) wait until you stop being a hormonated teenager 2) smash your body with dangerous oral pills that no medic will ever recommend to you unless your face is full of infected bleeding craters the size of the moon.

> Acne doesn't go away by washing your face so stop doing it compulsively, it's not even healthy for the skin.
>
>  
>
> Accept yourself, you aren't going to be more loved by having less zits.
>
> If you don't want to accept yourself, you have two options: 1) wait until you stop being a hormonated teenager 2) smash your body with dangerous oral pills that no medic will ever recommend to you unless your face is full of infected bleeding craters the size of the moon.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to take care of your body.

> Washing your face all the time is the worst thing you can do, You are stripping essential oils from your skin, making it dry and you may not notice it but the bacteria does. Acne cannot be cured, but it can be controlled with a treatment that works for you. I wouldn't say I have had it, but I had a real bad skin when I was younger. If you are using creams from over the counter make sure they are water based. I found creams that help you shed skin quicker unclog pores worked the best as its basically a bottleneck of over producing oils (again washing will not help here, if anything make it worse), bacteria inside the pore that block the pore and then it becomes inflamed. 
>
>  
>
> * I used to wash my face with soap and water twice a day, morning and night. DO NOT be tempted to scrub and rub.
> * My doctor also prescribed some ointment that I had to apply day and night that stained my T-shirt and a quick google search brought up Benzoyl Peroxide but i would be lying if i said that is what I used.
>
> Rinse and repeat daily, never miss a wash and never scrub or be rough with the areas that are prone to it. Things will "scab" and look worse, but it's just the body healing. After a month or two, things calmed down I then turned to light exfoliating to buff my skin and remove old dead skin. After a few more months it became a habit and I, like I should hope most people, wash morning and night, but no longer need the cream (took a few months to be 100% spot free).
>
>  
>
> Good luck.
>
>  
>
> This is what cured my spot prone skin, but acne is an incurable condition, but might help Crest <3

Thanks doug, I really thought it scabbing was it getting worse.

> So weird topic I know, but… I thought it would be cool, weird to ask on this forums though.
>
> As most of you know, I am one hell of a handsome man, proof by the Real Life Picture Thread, or as some like to call it, The Crest & Yukiro Selfie thread.
>
> Joking set aside, I have had acne since I was 17 and I have been for YEARS trying to get rid of it. I've tried Proactive which I heard really helps, but it never seemed to work for me. I wash my face all the time and can't seem to clear it.
>
> Does anyone here use breakout solution? If so, what brand and how does it work for you?

My buddy had insane acne for a long time. He said he was actually contemplating suicide it was so bad. He went to a doctor and got on some medication. He now has a perfect face. I dont know what the hell they put him on but I can ask. It does have some side effects apparantly but in his case he was willing to try anything.

I am not sure if you have it that bad or not.

Hey I have dealt with adult acne my whole life, But i never have a blemish on my face anymore.

Some dont realize that adult acne is due to genetics and not horomones. Adult acne isnt because you are dirty or unclean, just genetics.

That being said the main way acne forms is ffrom clogged oil pores. By washing your face as said you are drying your face out, by drying your face out dead skin cells collect on the surface of your skin which clog said oil pores, add wiping your hand across your forehead ect and now youve added the nessecary bacteria to kick in your adult acne.

Washing is important but if you see your skin getting to dry lay off and moisturize a bit even.

Just follow a few simple steps and you can get it under control like I did

1\. Change your pillowcase every other day. Your pillowcase accumulates things from your hair ect, then we sleep on it and mash our faces into it. Changing pillowcases helps alot.

2\. Dont touch your face. Just dont do it ever. If you catch yourself verbally tell yourself to stop. You can even have people around you tell you to stop if they notice you touching your face.

3\. I do a x2 face cleaning once in the morning and one at night. It involves the following process:

a.) Turn the water on real hot, wash face with gentle facial soap.

b.) Facial Scrub.Get a facial scrub for like 5 bucks. They have small beads in them that exfoliate your face and get rid of those dead skin cellls

c.) Hot Compress, (this is important, a danish doctor told me about this super lifesaver) Get a washcloth and get it as hot as you can handle and then apply it to your face for 5-10 minutes. Heat opens up the pores that we were talking about

d.) Finally apply 10% Benzol Peroxide to the face RIGHT AFTER the compress before your pore close. Benzol Peroxide is a facial disinfectant. Its over the coutner for 5 bucks in the USA. Supper cheap, super effective. They use 2.5% Benzol in the 3rd small bottle of proactive but dont mess with that. Just go to CVS/WALGREENS whatever and get a tube of 10% Benzol Peroxide by Clearsil.

I have tried everything, from cortisone shots to horomone therapy ect. This is what ive found works best

Good Luck!

Using hot water will dry the skin even more, tepid water and soap to wash with, trust me, my daughter is disabled and i know every bacterial problem in the book :P. At least I was suggesting the right cream (Benzoyl Peroxide).

Im a 16 year old with moderate acne that used to be horrible. Proactive never worked. One thing that worked to a degree was the 

[Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleanser](http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=43877&catid=338324&aid=338666&aparam=43877&kpid=43877&CAWELAID=120142990000011926&CAGPSPN=pla&kpid=43877)
If you get this only use every other day, the strong acids will hurt your skin.

Ive been looking for a way to get rid of the rest of my acne so this thread is awesome.

> There is nothing wrong with wanting to take care of your body.

Taking care of your body is keeping it functional thanks to a healthy lifestyle.
You are only trying to take care about what others may think or feel whenever they look at you, but when you grow up you realize that's impossible. That's why you're a teenager, you're not worried about your health, you have a complex. Now keep lying to yourself, I don't care because I don't love you, but you should love yourself.

> Taking care of your body is keeping it functional thanks to a healthy lifestyle.
> You are only trying to take care about what others may think or feel whenever they look at you, but when you grow up you realize that's impossible. That's why you're a teenager, you're not worried about your health, you have a complex. Now keep lying to yourself, I don't care because I don't love you, but you should love yourself.

You are literally an enormous moron.

I would also like to mention drying, since it has not been covered:

Do not rub with a towel, pat your face, and make sure the towel is clean, if you can not use a fresh towel every wash, at least use a fresh towel every day. Old towels have bacteria from hands and other peoples faces (if sharing). Your hands carry the most bacteria since they touch everything in day to day life. Hand bacteria are very different to face bacteria; both beneficial and negative bacteria. Rubbing with a towel seems the normal thing to do, but its not. After rinsing and patting remember to moisturise with a quality mens cream, I use Nivea Men Sensitive.

Remember to rinse ALL soap off, leaving soap on the skin does more harm than good then rinse with COLD water to close the pores. Same applies to shaving, warm to soften and make it easier and rinse off with cold. Always have done this.

And remember to wash hands prior to any face washing and use circular motions when using cleansers and exfoliating cream.

> I would also like to mention drying, since it has not been covered:
>
>  
>
> Do not rub with a towel, pat your face, and make sure the towel is clean, if you can not use a fresh towel every wash, at least use a fresh towel every day. Old towels have bacteria from hands and other peoples faces (if sharing). Your hands carry the most bacteria since they touch everything in day to day life. Hand bacteria are very different to face bacteria; both beneficial and negative bacteria. Rubbing with a towel seems the normal thing to do, but its not. After rinsing and patting remember to moisturize with a quality mens cream, I use Nivea Men Sensitive.
>
>  
>
> Remember to rinse ALL soap off, leaving soap on the skin does more harm than good then rinse with COLD water to close the pores. Same applies to shaving, warm to soften and make it easier and rinse off with cold. Always have done this.
>
>  
>
> And remember to wash hands prior to any face washing!

I have heard that cleaning with warm water drains the bacteria and then rinse with cold water helps close them afterwards.

It has been reported that warm water and cold water have no benefits to bacteria levels, But rather a personal choice. With the face however using warm water opens the pores and, in my eyes here, helps sweat the bacteria out.

> You are literally an enormous moron.

Our bodies break down, sometimes when we're 80, sometimes before we're even born, but it always happens. Do you want to spend the rest of your life suffering for your looks? Even if you healed your acne tomorrow, new imperfections will come to your mind. And after you've covered all the minor ones, eventually you will end up doing retarded stuff like having surgery (therefore risking your life) because you dislike your nose. Vanity is like a drug, a mental one, and for every up there is a down.

You can learn Yoga and forget about what the society expects of you. You're good as you are right now, really, you don't need to fight anymore, just enjoy your present as you are instead of being sorry for what you aren't. In your avatar you look a little short, tho.

That's like saying someone with a huge hole in their chest should embrace it and not be bothered that they have to keep .washing the wound out; after all, just embrace it! That is Crest's choice to fix a PROBLEM with his body. Like im having surgery soon to fix something on my body. Problems that are fixable, get fixed. Its that simple. If you want to pretend you live in 10,000 BC then feel free. 

You are using our logic right now, You are currently using a computer/laptop/tablet or something similar to communicate with us, instead of sending us a letter. You fixed a problem of mailing us and many of you're aggressive thread posts, You fixed the problem by using the internet, you FIXED not knowing our addresses, names and saved you're self the trip to the post office.

If you want to live like a Caveman, feel free to never cut your hair, since after all, its natural and cutting it will fix the problem for now but it will grow back, Why brush your teeth? You're just going to eat and replace the bacteria. Why even breath? You're going to die anyway?

See how stupid it seems?

Keep at it crest!

> That's like saying someone with a huge hole in their chest should embrace it and not be bothered that they have to keep .washing the wound out; after all, just embrace it! That is Crest's choice to fix a PROBLEM with his body. Like im having surgery soon to fix something on my body. Problems that are fixable, get fixed. Its that simple. If you want to pretend you live in 10,000 BC then feel free. 
>
>  
>
> You are using our logic right now, You are currently using a computer/laptop/tablet or something similar to communicate with us, instead of sending us a letter. You fixed a problem of mailing us and many of you're aggressive thread posts, You fixed the problem by using the internet, you FIXED not knowing our addresses, names and saved you're self the trip to the post office.
>
>  
>
> If you want to live like a Caveman, feel free to never cut your hair, since after all, its natural and cutting it will fix the problem for now but it will grow back, Why brush your teeth? You're just going to eat and replace the bacteria. Why even breath? You're going to die anyway?
>
>  
>
> See how stupid it seems?
>
>  
>
> Keep at it crest!

Your daughter is disabled and yet you think having red spots in your face is a PROBLEM?? Can you explain to me why is acne a problem?  What is a PROBLEM for you???

You didn't even have acne and still you went to the doctor aiming for the "perfect skin" when you were younger, and you took a drug to achieve it. And now look at you, a few years later, now you're having surgery. **Thanks for proving my point.** Hope your ineptitude has convinced Crest that he shouldn't be obsessed about it.

> Your daughter is disabled and yet you think having red spots in your face is a PROBLEM?? Can you explain to me why is acne a problem?  What is a PROBLEM for you???
>
> You didn't even have acne and still you went to the doctor aiming for the "perfect skin" when you were younger, and you took a drug to achieve it. And now look at you, a few years later, now you're having surgery. **Thanks for proving my point.** Hope your ineptitude has convinced Crest that he shouldn't be obsessed about it.

How the hell does using acne cream when he was little relate to Doug having surgery now?

> Our bodies break down, sometimes when we're 80, sometimes before we're even born, but it always happens. Do you want to spend the rest of your life suffering for your looks? Even if you healed your acne tomorrow, new imperfections will come to your mind. And after you've covered all the minor ones, eventually you will end up doing retarded stuff like having surgery (therefore risking your life) because you dislike your nose. Vanity is like a drug, a mental one, and for every up there is a down.
>
> You can learn Yoga and forget about what the society expects of you. You're good as you are right now, really, you don't need to fight anymore, just enjoy your present as you are instead of being sorry for what you aren't. In your avatar you look a little short, tho.

I know your kinda person dude, you think you know everything about everyone and every kind of person, and can read problems and try to assume everything's right because your some kinda genius that understand people. Well, you're completely wrong about my perspective on everything. I am VERY secure about how I feel, and don't give two bum candies what people think about me. Ask anyone here, I have done enough stuff to INTENTIONALLY humiliate myself because it's funny. I literally wrapped about sucking stick once. I want to look good for me, because when you look good, you feel good.

By the way, I haven't told you guys my personal story: I had acne from 14 to 18\. First six months I went to the doctor and he gave me some lotions and tips like washing my face a few times a day, none of them worked. Then I started practicing meditation and understood it's okay to have acne, the psychological pain exists only in your mind because the acne itself doesn't stop you from doing anything, it's not a disability. When I was 15 I managed to get a girl and found happiness. I overcame my complex.
Now, every year I have more wrinkles and white hair, but I am proud of my aging traits, it is proof that I've walked a very hard path. My logic isn't that you shouldn't fix things, my logic is that you should ask yourself if there's something that really needs to be fixed. TehDoug didn't have a problem, he made a problem out of something that was irrelevant.

> I know your kinda person dude, you think you know everything about everyone and every kind of person, and can read problems and try to assume everything's right because your some kinda genius that understand people. Well, you're completely wrong about my perspective on everything. I am VERY secure about how I feel, and don't give two bum candies what people think about me. Ask anyone here, I have done enough stuff to INTENTIONALLY humiliate myself because it's funny. I literally wrapped about sucking stick once. I want to look good for me, because when you look good, you feel good.

When you think good, you feel good. You want to follow his path, go ahead. I'm done trying to reason with you.

I'm just going to throw this out there: Body dysphoria can be very serious, can regard just about anything, and it usually doesn't just go away because of your perspective about what other people think. Why? Because we're talking about our perspective as it relates to us.

Trans* persons have a terrible time with body dysphoria and its usually hormone replacement therapy and sex reassignment that cure it or at least make it manageable.

So Crest? Do what you have to do for your issue for it to at least become tolerable so that it won't affect you negatively and know the risks.