Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Heavenly Elements Recruiting.

juvanio

Hey Guys!

We'll, for now, I'm looking for some skilled or half-skilled:

**1\. Programmer**
**Opinion:**
For this, I'm hoping to find a skilled one. And the one with the VB6 (Visual Basic 6) of course! I'm having a hard time coding some stuff in that program. 

**No. Needed:**
2\. Because if I would get only one, My programmer might be too tired to work.

**Application Form:**

>! Real Name: *only First Name*
Experience:

**2\. Pixel Artist**
For this, I'm hoping to find a fashionista. And the one with a program that can she/he can use. I do make sprites and items but it sucks, you might just vomit.

2\. I would make exceptions for the skilled ones to join if ever the 2 is taken.

Experience:
My Work:

**3\. Mapper**
For this, I'm hoping to find another fashionista. I do Map too but I'm kinda feeling tired mapping. I map for other games too. 

Well. I would need 3 Mappers this time. It's because, there are types of Mappers.

Regular Mappers:
These are mappers for regular times only.

Event Mappers:
Mappers for the Events like Halloween, etc.

Experience:
Work

**5\. FREE Server Hoster**
I'm looking for a person who could Port Forward. My router is too stupid to not Port Forward. And, I can't open the server 24/7, My PC is only a laptop, and it easily gets hot. Might over heat, I changed my Battery 2 Times already because of over heating  :sad:

1\.

**The Team:**
Ron (Juvanio) - Heavenly Elements' Admin - Mapper - Developer

Thanks!
Juv~

I totally hope you get everyone you need, but I do need to be critical, because for years we've seen people come and go who hope to join Eclipse, draw an idea for a game, learn some basic mapping, and ask everyone else to do the rest for them.

What exactly would you be bringing to the table?

Again, not trying to be an asshole, just throwing that in there! :)

Good luck!

^Amen to that haha^

Okay bro, so I'm interested in filling a mapper posistion, however, I too am skeptical due to having worked on several games where the owner decided he was bored and didn't want to do it any more, and all our hours were wasted. So here's my app, its up to you to decide how serious you are about this though because I'm looking for someone who wants to go all the way. =)

Experience: Graal Online Classic and Vesoban Online
Work: Hopefully a mapper?

Thanks for viewing!

You can't program, you can't draw, you can't host your own server and you say you're bored of mapping.

**Then don't make a video game.** Ideas are cheap. Everyone and their Grandma has ideas. The only people who are worth a damn are those who have the skills to bring that idea to realisation.

@Robin:

> You can't program, you can't draw, you can't host your own server and you say you're bored of mapping.
>
> **Then don't make a video game.** Ideas are cheap. Everyone and their Grandma has ideas. The only people who are worth a damn are those who have the skills to bring that idea to realisation.

Not entirely, designers are a very important part of a team. You could have the best music and graphics, but if your game's design just plain sucks it is going to do terribly.

But I think you should work for a team, not be the owner. You should be willing to learn most of the skills required in making games if your the owner. And do them when there is slack left behind from the other positions of your staff.

@Helladen:

> Not entirely, designers are a very important part of a team. You could have the best music and graphics, but if your game's design just plain sucks it is going to do terribly.
>
> But I think you should work for a team, not be the owner. You should be willing to learn most of the skills required in making games if your the owner. And do them when there is slack left behind from the other positions of your staff.

When has their been a Designer good enough to have his own dev team on eclipse?  Never.  You have to be a creative genius to be a Designer with a team for free.

If you would not say anything good, please don't post. Or better just PM me your problems with me, I do accept compliments. Zorcon40, any samples of your work? And which type of mapper? For now, you're in as a Mapper, so we still don't know which kind of Mapper. I'll still see what kind of Mapper are you. Thanks for Applying anyways.

We're bringing you back to reality, Juvanio. There's a mind blowing ratio from games that have been completed, and game that havn't even made it past beta, let alone even make it TO a beta or alpha.

I think you may be underestimating the time it takes to correctly make a computer game that has something that people WANT. If you're going to just make an old RMXP medieval game with grinding levels, then we can all just make our own or go play something else.

Like I said, I support you, but you need to toughen up a little bit and listen to us instead of defending your pride.

It sucks, I know. I've been in the position where all I knew how to do was map :p

Join a team, learn some new skills, and try again. That's my advice.