Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Desert tribe

mhez

Hi! Well this is my first time mapping so I would like some criticism to know if I'm doing things right xd

updated!
WIP

![](http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m171/vicho815/map2-2.jpg)

This is were an ancient tribe of hunters will live, it will be surrounded by mountains and it is supposed to be kind of a secret tribe were you can learn some skills in the game.. I'm also thinking about changing those tents into buildings since they have lived there for a long time.. what do you think? :D

Cliffs are to round, the sides of the map are completely empty, and the objects look randomly placed with no reason of being there. You have random objects all over the map, making it look unprofessional, although I do like the auto tile stuff you did.

Regards,
Smore

I would recommend adding some rocks or something where the desert is all blank in the west side of the map and near bottom, just seems to empty.

also Block tiles / resource tiles on the edge of a map is a big No No, mainly because when a player walks from a map onto this map they can appear on top of the object. Im talking about the tree and water in the bottom right

@lexkymbeth:

> wow pretty good. im a good mapper to. if this is your game ill help?

Thanks! I'm just starting this project so I don't need too much help for now, but as soon as I finish the actual structure of the world map I will start looking for some mappers ;)

@Smore:

> Cliffs are to round, the sides of the map are completely empty, and the objects look randomly placed with no reason of being there. You have random objects all over the map, making it look unprofessional, although I do like the auto tile stuff you did.
>
> Regards,
> Smore

Lol I wish I had autotile man xd I had to edit some tilesets to do this one..
Which objects are you refering to? The stones and flowers or those boxes, ropes, etc?
Thank you for helping! About the empty sides, I'm just starting this map so I will surely correct that and also the round cliffs.

@Draken:

> I would recommend adding some rocks or something where the desert is all blank in the west side of the map and near bottom, just seems to empty.
>
> also Block tiles / resource tiles on the edge of a map is a big No No, mainly because when a player walks from a map onto this map they can appear on top of the object. Im talking about the tree and water in the bottom right

I'm thinking of adding some more tents where the desert is blank, and I will also add some more cliffs.

Should I put in buildings instead of tents?

@Draken:

> I would recommend adding some rocks or something where the desert is all blank in the west side of the map and near bottom, just seems to empty.
>
> also Block tiles / resource tiles on the edge of a map is a big No No, mainly because when a player walks from a map onto this map they can appear on top of the object. Im talking about the tree and water in the bottom right

add some camels to :3 lol

@Smore:

> Cliffs are to round, the sides of the map are completely empty, and the objects look randomly placed with no reason of being there. You have random objects all over the map, making it look unprofessional, although I do like the auto tile stuff you did.
>
> Regards,
> Smore

I see no random objects whatsoever, they seem to be placed next to the tents where it makes sense.

UPDATED! Added the surrounding and fixed the empty spaces.. what do you think?  :cheesy:

@GKO:

> Looks good. Would you consider mapping for me?

I'm sorry, this is for a game I'm just starting so I don't think I will have the time to work on two projects..

I'm not too good with mapping, take out a few big tents and replace them with little ones perhaps?
A bit of stuff next to the tents, removing that stuff could help too!

Doesn't look to bad, a bit of messing around could make it look awesome!
Just remember, different people have different tastes. Just because I think it's to cluttered, doesn't mean someone else will.

Good luck! :)

@Eltony:

> I thinks its good a lot of detail i noticed something is there enough room for a player to get around?

Good job pointing that out, it could become a large issue if people can't move through certain spots.
That's one reason you may wish to consider cleaning it up a little.

Actually, the players have plenty of space to move, since the clear water will be walkable..

Thanks everybody for the criticism!

Could anybody tell me what's the problem with cliffs :S? I know they are a mess.. but that's how cliffs are!

maybe I'm missing something or I'm just not good with cliffs xd so if someone could tell me specifically wich are the errors, I would really apreciate it  :embarrassed: