Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CS:DE Forums

Medleyy

@Aeri:

> I heard there was a CS:DE forum and it made me think, will we get access to it or will there be a seperate board for CS:DE users?

when you think about it there should be a board for CS:DE users since it's a public thing now.

The CS:DE forum on Crystalshire was so I could easily control who could and could not receive support through the use of usergroups. If someone was causing problems I can cut off all support.

If you want support then post on this forum and properly tag your threads. Keep in mind that you will not be able to use this engine without solid understanding of EO and DX8\. You'll need to study the source code properly before you start modifying it.

There's a reason I never released DX8 publicly. It takes a _lot_ of effort to handle it properly.

@Robin:

> The CS:DE forum on Crystalshire was so I could easily control who could and could not receive support through the use of usergroups. If someone was causing problems I can cut off all support.
>
> If you want support then post on this forum and properly tag your threads. Keep in mind that you will not be able to use this engine without solid understanding of EO and DX8\. You'll need to study the source code properly before you start modifying it.
>
> There's a reason I never released DX8 publicly. It takes a _lot_ of effort to handle it properly.

I get that it's mega-complicated where the graphics engine is concerned, but if you don't bother modifying the source is it all okay to use? CS:DE seems perfect to me, I don't see any reason to change the source at all. Is it fine to use out of the box or will I need to modify anything?

@Aeri:

> I get that it's mega-complicated where the graphics engine is concerned, but if you don't bother modifying the source is it all okay to use? CS:DE seems perfect to me, I don't see any reason to change the source at all. Is it fine to use out of the box or will I need to modify anything?

The GUI.  You'll need some understanding of DX8 for modifying that.

Yes, I have. I was asking why everyone seems to think that using CS:DE will be a giant mind duck.

Like Robin said in the read me file, there's several features with no front end. Since Robin's pretty much the only one who knows everything there is to know about the engine, could you tell us what they are?

@Aeri:

> Yes, I have. I was asking why everyone seems to think that using CS:DE will be a giant mind duck.

well that is because most people don't have any understanding of direct X8 if they did then it wouldn't be a giant mind fuck.Other than that it's technically just E.O. 2

@Axis:

> well that is because most people don't have any understanding of direct X8 if they did then it wouldn't be a giant mind duck.Other than that it's technically just E.O. 2

![](http://www.dualshockers.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/captainobvious_cat.jpg)