Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Turn-Based Procedural Village Game

azkanan

**I had a dream…**
So I woke up, thought about it for a couple of minutes, and figured it was possible. I set about making it, and "Project X" (Currently unnamed) is the byproduct of it.

Project X will be a turn-based village management game. You will have to tell your home-made-customized people what to do and where to do it. You begin with an Adam-and-Eve situation. They are the first of their kind, and must forage and hunt in the beginning… and procreate.
Over time, you will build up an Incestial village, if not town.

All animals, plants, other tribes, metals, gems, coals and even the world map will be procedurally generated, giving you a different game experience every time you play.

Whilst not even close to playable yet, I thought I'd showcase what I've accomplished in the last 30 hours or so [See Attachments].

==============================

Changelog 0.0.1
- Customize World; Built
- Customize Species; Built
- Starting names; Built

Semi-Working Interfaces:
- Personal Details
- Orders

Placeholder Interfaces:
- Fauna Encyclopedia
- Flora Encyclopedia
- Resource Encyclopedia
- Area Encyclopedia

Working Features:
- Time System
- Day/Night System
- Season System
- Villager Aging System

===================

Thanks to Pedro, Stephan & Unnown for their valuable help. :)

![](http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq111/xsporeonline/screen1.png)

![](http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq111/xsporeonline/screen2.png)

![](http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq111/xsporeonline/screen3.png)

![](http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq111/xsporeonline/screen4.png)

![](http://i439.photobucket.com/albums/qq111/xsporeonline/screen5.png)

At first I read that you said a 'Adam-and-Steve situation' so I figured you had a very _special_ dream. But then I realized I was merely reading it wrong.

But seriously, this looks interesting. But will this just be a 'game' where you'll see you're progress through reports or will there be anything you can see for yourself? This game sounds good to play when you're bored, have free time or just enjoy it (I'm experiencing the first atm) but reading just bunch of 'text' on how your world/city is fairing can become boring quite easily.

@Azkabanana:

> …"Project X" (Currently unnamed)...

Project Aeri. How many times must I explain to people that by naming things after me will guarantee them entry into untold levels of awesomeness experienced only by those with the name Aeri. Although I have already made one person change their project name to Aeri Online…

Verto Venatus is Latin for turn based game. Palma Incrementum is Latin for glory growth, which, now I think about it, sounds incredibly dirty, so I wouldn't use that. Mix a few Latin words up and see what falls out of the opposite end. Jesus, that sounded dirty too. I'll shut up now. Good work, BTW.
:)

@Rusher:

> At first I read that you said a 'Adam-and-Steve situation' so I figured you had a very _special_ dream. But then I realized I was merely reading it wrong.
>
> But seriously, this looks interesting. But will this just be a 'game' where you'll see you're progress through reports or will there be anything you can see for yourself? This game sounds good to play when you're bored, have free time or just enjoy it (I'm experiencing the first atm) but reading just bunch of 'text' on how your world/city is fairing can become boring quite easily.

I burst into laughter at the Adam-and-Steve part, mid-way through driving home. The driver looked at me funny.

Visual is a possibility, but alot harder to put in. For now, I'll stick with Text with the possibility of graphics in the future. I'm already working on a random-world-map-generator.

@Aeri:

> Project Aeri. How many times must I explain to people that by naming things after me will guarantee them entry into untold levels of awesomeness experienced only by those with the name Aeri. Although I have already made one person change their project name to Aeri Online…
>
> Verto Venatus is Latin for turn based game. Palma Incrementum is Latin for glory growth, which, now I think about it, sounds incredibly dirty, so I wouldn't use that. Mix a few Latin words up and see what falls out of the opposite end. Jesus, that sounded dirty too. I'll shut up now. Good work, BTW.
> :)

I've currently got a bit of a wheez, I must of inhaled too much shit at work (Very dusty/asbestos-filled. Was working in the wall cavaties of a hospital), and when I read the "Glory Growth", my laugh of suprise came out more like a cracking noise. Was loud and funny.

Otherwise, thanks. :D

Is this going to have a GUI and a visible gameplay section when finished? It looks good, but could be improved tenfold with some sort of visual-in-game section you can see and be proud of how epic you are.

I just can't imagine people sticking to it without some sort of gratification for all the work they put in. It looks like it's going to be brilliant though. Just don't release your source because it'll take away the individuality when everyone starts to use it :P

@Aeri:

> Is this going to have a GUI and a visible gameplay section when finished? It looks good, but could be improved tenfold with some sort of visual-in-game section you can see and be proud of how epic you are.
>
> I just can't imagine people sticking to it without some sort of gratification for all the work they put in. It looks like it's going to be brilliant though. Just don't release your source because it'll take away the individuality when everyone starts to use it :P

@Azkabanana:

> Visual is a possibility, but alot harder to put in. For now, I'll stick with Text with the possibility of graphics in the future. I'm already working on a random-world-map-generator.

Derp..

• 4 weeks later...
Bay12 Games? Wow I played Dwarf Fortress too.
Hmm will this be graphical when finished? I just can't stand text based.
By the way… When will you update this?

-Kindly,
    Night~

@Azkabanana:

> Fear not for a live still! I left home on the 26th and recently reestablished myself… my Laptop is currently set on the floor, surrounded by my other things I just shifted up here yesterday.
>
> Will hopefully get back to work on Saturday.

Lies!

@Night~:

> Hmm will this be graphical when finished? I just can't stand text based.

*Sigh*

@Azkabanana:

> Visual is a possibility, but alot harder to put in. For now, I'll stick with Text with the possibility of graphics in the future. I'm already working on a random-world-map-generator.

![](http://troll.me/images/y-u-no/seriously-people-y-u-no-read-about-it-first.jpg)