Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CS:DE CTD

Robin

Although I haven't received a complaint about the CS CTDs for a while now I still never did find anything that fixed them. I might have managed to do something when I spent that one week solely re-programming everything I'd done in a bid to fix it, but I simply don't know.

So is anyone still experiencing CTDs (_not_ RTEs) in CS or CS:DE? If so can you say if it happens when run through the IDE as well as compiled?

If not can you post any lines which screw up during a full IDE run & compile (ctrl + f5).

Let's see if I can get to the bottom of this. Some detective work Emily did a while back did lead me to some possible autotile caching issues during a laggy map transition (hence why I couldn't experience it whilst hosted locally) so I did screw around with that a bit…

Still, any information anyone has would be appreciated.

@Captain:

> No it is not. It's a weird crash that happens at times in the VB6 IDE. It, however, is not related to Crystalshire.

It's probably to do with the fact that you are using Microsoft Windows 7 or something similar. To get the best experience from Microsoft Visual Basic 6, you should use Microsoft Windows 98.

Yours faithfully
  Stephan.

@Anna:

> More like Microsoft BSoD Deluxe, amirite?

You know that I am actually amazed at how Age of Empires works on Microsoft Windows 7? They must be using that game to test backwards compatibility, because other ancient games (e.g. Worms World Party) do not work that well.

Yours faithfully
  Stephan.

• 3 weeks later...
I've ran a compiled CS:DE Client on many different PC and some of them get CTD. These are what they have in common:
CPU: Single Core(one of them is Intel Celeron) Intel CPU
RAM: 512M-1024M
EDIT: Oh and I forgot to mention, I tried both with GPU and without. It's all the same.

However, the PC that run CS:DE fine are:
RAM: 2048M+
CPU: Dual-Core and Quad-Core Intel and AMD CPU.
EDIT: Some have GPU, some have integrated. Changing the render=0 to 1 is needed for PC with integrated or it will have a horrible FPS.

They all had clean install of Windows. There isn't any RTE. It's just the Report to Microsoft kinda thing after the "Robin Perris Presents" screen faded. I will attempt to try to run them in IDE later.

Sincerely,
Rithy

Interesting. Had a big conversation with Corie (guy who worked on the original dx8 class CS is using) and came across a few systems which might help out.

I'll probably be replacing the entire graphics engine with an updated one from Malachite. I'll create an updated version of CS:DE for you to test out.

In the mean time if you can run it through the IDE and see if it comes up with anything then that'd be amazing.

Ran in IDE with no problem.

However, an interesting thing came up. If the client folder name is "Draconoxium Client", it crashed.
[![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/a33d0f70022e65a8c9bece40a8c70d17.PNG)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#a33d0f70022e65a8c9bece40a8c70d17.PNG)

If the client folder name is "Client", it work just fine.
[![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/af105dad138115be1f48208ef43bd71f.png)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#af105dad138115be1f48208ef43bd71f.png)

This seem to be happening with this particular client that I zipped up and send to some friends to help test it. Not much is change in that client. Only graphics, ReDim AutoTile(x, y) in MapProperty, and some other very minor changes.

I am still trying to debug it. I thought I found something but now, it seem it was a false clue.

Sincerely,
Rithy

Having it run in the IDE without a problem backs up something I already experienced myself. Also means that the CTDs are something to do with the graphics engine.

Currently working on a copy of CS:DE with a brand new graphics engine.

Once it's finished I'll PM it over to see if it crashes for you.

@Robin:

> Having it run in the IDE without a problem backs up something I already experienced myself. Also means that the CTDs are something to do with the graphics engine.
>
> Currently working on a copy of CS:DE with a brand new graphics engine.
>
> Once it's finished I'll PM it over to see if it crashes for you.

Okay, I'll be waiting to test it out.

Sincerely,
Rithy