Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crystalshire:Developer's Edition-For Dummies

Rob Janes

@Frostyy:

> I had no idea people liked gritty imperfect graphics. I guess if you honestly want the malformities and the weirdness of it all it would be fine.  If that's the case, I think the rocks, fences, and short grass need to be fitted to the style better.  Right now they're using many more colors and less contrast.  The rocks are almost cellshaded.

I agree with you and also with Rob. More improvement much better.

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Frostyy:

> I had no idea people liked gritty imperfect graphics. I guess if you honestly want the malformities and the weirdness of it all it would be fine.  If that's the case, I think the rocks, fences, and short grass need to be fitted to the style better.  Right now they're using many more colors and less contrast.  The rocks are almost cellshaded.

This isn't GFX Showoff, this is the Custom Engine board.  If you don't like the graphics, replace them with your own.  Quit bringing up things that don't matter.

@renzo:

> This isn't GFX Showoff, this is the Custom Engine board.  If you don't like the graphics, replace them with your own.  Quit bringing up things that don't matter.

I was under the impression these were for his own game anyway.

Regardless, if someone posts graphics to show were free to critique if we want. Whether the person doing the gfx wants to change anything based on the criticism is up to them.

He's not posting graphics to show. Those graphics are for his own game.

He's showing his engine. Just like I wouldn't expect you to complain about the RMXP graphics in Origins I don't expect you to sit here complaining about someone's personal work that he's not showing off.

Drop it.

@Robin:

> He's not posting graphics to show. Those graphics are for his own game.
>
> He's showing his engine. Just like I wouldn't expect you to complain about the RMXP graphics in Origins I don't expect you to sit here complaining about someone's personal work that he's not showing off.
>
> Drop it.

We already saw the engine. But whatever you say chief.

Also, you didnt make the RMXP graphics, obviously, so why would we critique them like you could make changes to it anyway?

@Frostyy:

> Alright, it seemed like the topic gradually evolved into being a topic for his game though, and he explicitly told us about the graphics so I'd assumed he wanted criticism.  Sorry for derailing the topic.

I was under that impression too.

@Peaverin:

> Im saying that when i create a new game with this version of eclypse and i create an account on my  project all the created by me items appear in the inventary.
>
> Sorry for the bad english :/

"This version of eclipse"
First of all this is not eclipse
secondly he hasn't even released it yet.