Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO2.0] World Map

Ultrasnofire

Ultrasnofire's World Map Tutorial

Ok this is my first tutorial. I was searching on the source tutorials and didn't see this tutorial. So in this tutorial I will be teaching you how to make a world map. This one won't just open a map that you have made and display the graphics, it will display which map you are on by pointing at a dot. If you don't know what I mean here is a screenshot of a basic one that I will be showing you to make :

>! [![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/b28617682e610281f76ab8ff5a46a9c0.png)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#b28617682e610281f76ab8ff5a46a9c0.png)

This is all a client mod

Steps

Ok you can do this 2 ways, The lazy way or the hard way. This is the lazy way.

Step 1)

Download a pre-made form of the world map attached to this page (this comes with 5 dots and the code to make them visible, you can build on this easily)

Step 2)

Go to frmMain and find ËœPrivate Sub Form_KeyUp(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)"

Then under:

```
Case vbKeyInsert

If Player(MyIndex).Access > 0 Then

picAdmin.Visible = Not picAdmin.Visible

End If

```
Put

```

Case vbKeyHome

frmWorldMap.Visible = True

```
Youre done!! All you need to do is go in game and press the Home key and your map will open!

Now for the hard way:

Step 1)

Make a new form and call it frmWorldMap

Step 2)

Create some shapes. Make 5 circles and 5 rectangles. Place them in any order but the rectangles should be hovering above the circles. This is what mine looks like:

>! [![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/90ecfd1bd3ee3535c238869ad2f1115f.png)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#90ecfd1bd3ee3535c238869ad2f1115f.png)

Call the rectangles:

Arrow1

Arrow2

Arrow3

Arrow4

Arrow5

make sure you set the visiblity of these rectangles to false

Step 3)

Double click on the background of the from. A new sub called "Private Sub Form_Load()" should pop up. Inside the "end sub" and "Private Sub Form_Load()" put:

```
Map = Player(MyIndex).Map

If Map = 1 Then

Arrow1.Visible = True

End If

If Map = 2 Then

Arrow2.Visible = True

End If

If Map = 3 Then

Arrow3.Visible = True

End If

If Map = 4 Then

Arrow4.Visible = True

End If

If Map = 5 Then

Arrow5.Visible = True

End If

```

Step 4)

At then at the top of the code above "Private Sub Form_Load()" put:

```
Public Map As Integer

```

Step 5)

Go to frmMain and find "Private Sub Form_KeyUp(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)"

Then under:

```
Case vbKeyInsert

If Player(MyIndex).Access > 0 Then

picAdmin.Visible = Not picAdmin.Visible

End If

```
Put

```

Case vbKeyHome

```

You're done!! All you need to do is go in game and press the Home key and your map will open!

If have tested this and it works on my game. If you think there is an error or a way to improve this please comment on this.

Ultrasnofire

Okay… when i first read this, i thought this is a tutorial for a minimap. After reading this, I found out that i was wrong. This is just a simple world map make out of form. I think a better way to do this is to draw a world map of your game, then use GetPlayerMap function to know what map you are on. Then have a sub that set the arrow on wherever the place you want them to be. What I'm trying to say is, make a world map that have imaginary longtitude and latitude, I will say longtitude = x and latitude = y. If map 1 have x = 2 and y = 5 then when you are in map 1, make a command that put the arrow on your world map picture using the x and y.

@TianaJRP:

> Okay… when i first read this, i thought this is a tutorial for a minimap. After reading this, I found out that i was wrong. This is just a simple world map make out of form. I think a better way to do this is to draw a world map of your game, then use GetPlayerMap function to know what map you are on. Then have a sub that set the arrow on wherever the place you want them to be. What I'm trying to say is, make a world map that have imaginary longtitude and latitude, I will say longtitude = x and latitude = y. If map 1 have x = 2 and y = 5 then when you are in map 1, make a command that put the arrow on your world map picture using the x and y.

i like your idea i think i might make a tutorial to make something like this and give you credit for the idea.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would like to know how to make it update when you're changing maps without closing and reopen it.. Thanks.

Edit: Never mind, figured it out. If anyone wants to know, instead of typing the code of the arrow into the form sub, do it in HandlePlayerData in modHandleData :)

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the tutorial it really helped and here is a screen shot of my map just in case you wanted to see what people are doing with your idea.  I also have a question, how to i make it so when you press home after the maps already open the map closes? Sorry I am still a super huge noob.

@or3o:

> Thanks for the tutorial it really helped and here is a screen shot of my map just in case you wanted to see what people are doing with your idea.  I also have a question, how to i make it so when you press home after the maps already open the map closes? Sorry I am still a super huge noob.

Find:

```
‘Ultrasnofire’s Map system
Case vbKeyHome

```
and replace it with:
```
‘Ultrasnofire’s Map system
Case vbKeyHome
            frmWorldMap.Visible = Not frmWorldMap.Visible

```

thank you it works great.

Hey im not really sure if this is the place to ask but with this tutorial i found out i can only have 253 controllers so it wont let me add anymore shapes to my map. Is there a work around or  even a different way to go about this? i need about 80 more shapes before i can finish my map :/  thanks guys.

well i figured something out, i just made a new form called world map2 and added this to frm main

Case vbKeyHome
            If Player(MyIndex).Map < 253 Then
                    frmWorldMap.Visible = Not frmWorldMap.Visible
            Else
                    frmworldmap2.Visible = Not frmworldmap2.Visible
            End If

that way it checks to see what map im on and opens the right map  from now you can have  wayy more maps display on your world map.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
~~yes you can do it with PicMap~~

Sorry my Mistake i did it and get an error.
Anyway, i do what the tutorial says and i compiled. After i open the game and press Home it close the game. I mean it doesn't show the World Map frame and also close the game it self. I'm using Eclipse Chronicles of Jazz costume version.

• 3 months later...
Wow guys! I had been off the forums for a while and came back to seeing this! ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png) I love what you guys have done with the code ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

Thnx tons

if you where doing it right it would have worked. Im not trying to sound like a jerk but i have used this tutorial and it worked perfectly. Try setting a different keto to open the minimap. or add a cmd button and use that to open the map. just to check if the maps actually working.