Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What's this?

Rob Janes

Nice/Fast updates Samu loving the perk system. Do we aim with the mouse and click?

When I first saw this I was thinking the shooting would be done with an almost 360 like aiming with mouse kinda thing. ([something sorta like here](http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/FlaminPancake/1377415)).

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You use ctrl to shoot in whatever direction you are facing.  I'd like to do have mouse shooting in a full 360 spectrum but you probably won't see it for a long time as it would require quite a bit of rewriting and tweaking.  Maybe in the future :) for now it'll be in the direction the player is facing

I feel very comfortable with the client so far and how it's progressing to give a rough estimate on first testing phases for mid-day on the 28th of November.  As testing is in progress, I can easily add new equipment, weapons, maps and updates via the patcher.  On December 12th until January 3rd players can enjoy the Christmas Holiday on Splattered earning Double XP, a Christmas UI, Seasonal weapons and events!

Looks awesome!

The 8-way movement seems to work pretty neatly,
but my only concern would be the AI.

Shouldn't the NPCs shoot in 8 way movement too? and in 00:05 - 00:09, you can see that the NPC at the right starts shooting facing up, trying to hit the player (I suppose), which is, let's say, two tiles up  and like 9 tiles away to the left from the NPC. Lol, the NPC kind of thinks he is going to get a kill that way, :P. And, shouldn't the NPCs move more/faster? Looking pretty good, Rob! Can't wait to play! :)

@Rob:

> I plan to keep adding additional features and windows to make it a bit more user friendly.
> Hopefully I'll be able to show off some nice screenshots this week ;)

![](http://www.ladymoiraine.com/forum/gallery/8/586_01_05_11_11_44_06_8142742.jpeg)

@Rob:

> Video of 8 Way Movement, with 8 Way Shooting and Aggressive NPC AI
> -snip-
> If it looks like Aloria, it's because I haven't done any new sprites or tiles for this yet, and haven't ported in the ones from the other build ;)  You get the idea of how fast paced this can become though.

That video has me all excited now! haha
All of that shooting gave me an idea for a puzzle mode (in the future). It would be cool to have rebounding surfaces and you had to shoot at an angle at one of those surfaces to kill an enemy thats shots are blocking a pathway. Hard to explain, but it would be a cool single player addition on the side :)

@Rob:

> I was in an In-Service all day and didn't get a chance to get a lot done today but I did manage to get NPC AI updated so NPCs will now move diagonally as well as fire diagonally, adding a LOT of excitement to playing against the computer.

rawr, cant wait to rape noobs

Another video with aggressive AI (when you are close to the enemy; this NPC has a low range), and 8 way NPC movement and projectiles.  Also shows a 'splat' texture where your paintballs break.

Ignore the initial UI where it shows the Game/Inventory/ etc. This will utlimately change into a better color scheme and contain more information, I hope to have done by Sunday night or Monday morning so we can start testing Monday sometime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1Z72Dv_3vU

What's a shooter (even if it's paintball) without CTF?
It would definitely make the game more fun if there were more modes which could be voted on in the pre-game lobby before a match, majority votes wins obviously. I would rather this than seperate lobbies for each game type, because then it keeps the large group together so the game will have a lot of players together having fun
@Lightning:

> At the moment it still reminds me too much of Eclipse AI. ;]

True. For a non eclipse project it is rather similar. Especially the whole 1-tile-at-a-time movement. Why can't they move a random 1-5 tiles at a time? would be cooler :P

@Rob:

> I'm slowly letting people let over the next 12-24 hours, reply here if you're interested, I'll get to you one at a time via PM.

This is my reply. Now, can I get one tasty copy of the client and awesomely play over the next 12-24 hours all day long?