Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Minecon

azure

@Bcm27:

> Seems like a pretty weird thing to go to..:)

Oh yeah totally… Who would ever want to go to a three day release party for a game that made millions before it even left beta in what's considered to be the "Sin Capital" of the world (LOL). Besides the Swag alone will be worth it. :D

@Anna:

> Ah, is this con sponsored by autismspeaks.org?

*Sigh* Learn to read. <_< Here let me assist you, the last line of the first post provides my response to your post. Moving on… Since I don't have much else to say about the event in particular at this time, is there anything else in that area that I should make a point to check out?

@Anna:

> I'm not saying conventions are dumb.

You can pretend to be retarded all you like. You knew exactly what I meant when you read it the first time. If you have nothing useful or constructive to say then stop posting.

So you're paying 100 dollars for the ticket plus whatever travel costs if you don't live in the area to go talk about minecraft with a bunch of kids with autism? Can't you just do that on the forums? I don't understand why there is needs to be a huge conference for the release of ONE game..

Locked because this is just sad. Mojang picked Vegas for a reason, The cost alone would rule out "most" kids being about to make it, and to be honest, going to a game launch party seems a lot more fun than setting here and nothing absolutely nothing that weekend. 400$ or not. <_<

Oh yeah, i heard about this a while back. Sounds cool, i suppose. It'll most likely still be a kiddie festival, but still , could be interesting. 400$ is a ton of money to waste on this kind of this though, i'd rather buy an Open Pandora <3

I honestly stopped caring about minecraft when Notch stopped giving good updates… which was like earlier this year :3

@Marsh:

> Locked really? is this what Eclipse is coming to?
>
> Cant we have a normal discussion here once in awhile without someone getting pissed off or insulted? This kind of shit makes me not want to visit this site anymore.

Honestly I don't know what to tell you. This is the norm around here if you haven't noticed.

@Sealbreaker:

> That much money for that "fun" ? Better get some wellness-holidays in a better hotel instead of wasting that on the tickets for the convention i guess.. but meh whatever… if you want to go there - have fun !
>
> -seal

This is the hotel for the event, I'd like to stay there. ;) http://www.mandalaybay.com/ I'm not so miffed about the cost to get there. It is a very scenic place, and "one hell of a tourist trap." 3/4ths of the cost is the hotel rate and the plane ticket, which is typical of any long distance trip. I would just go to a convention here and stay in a nice hotel, but to be honest that's actually a bigger waste of time. The nearest one is a two hour drive, will still end up costing that much, and won't be nearly as cool. I mean it is a game launch party.

@Zonova:

> Oh yeah, i heard about this a while back. Sounds cool, i suppose. It'll most likely still be a kiddie festival, but still , could be interesting. 400$ is a ton of money to waste on this kind of this though, i'd rather buy an Open Pandora <3
>
> I honestly stopped caring about minecraft when Notch stopped giving good updates… which was like earlier this year :3

Well I could buy a new xbox (because mine was stolen), but that's a moot point. Wasting money on electronics you will end up barely using in the long run isn't nearly as rewarding as going somewhere you've never been and having something you can say you've done.

Upon return I can go, "Hey I've met Notch, I even got his autograph." I'd say that's a much more valuable gain.

A bunch of like minded individuals having fun with their favourite game.
Getting the meet the devs, take a look at their future games.
Free swag and a Diamon Party from 11 PM to 2 AM.
I don't know what that Diamond Party is, but if it's going to last that long it must be pretty awesome.
http://minecon.mojang.com/about
Plus you'll be in Las Vegas!
Just remember one rule, Azure:
What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

@Azure:

> Now that's a pleasant change in tone. :D I made a point to mention the diamond party to my roomi. ;) I agree anything that lasts that long into the night should be entertaining at the least.

Suddenly, strippers dressed as creepers.