Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Australia investigates - American stupidity?

Bonk

@DDunit:

> Hadrian's Wall isn't in Hadrian, as far as I know.

Yes, but it's a commonly known fact that Berlin (The capital of Germany, for God's sake) is a city. It's also a well known fact that Hadrian's wall was built by Emperor Hadrian. The apostrophe is a _slight_ giveaway.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@Bonk:

> Yes, but it's a commonly known fact that Berlin (The capital of Germany, for God's sake) is a city. It's also a well known fact that Hadrian's wall was built by Emperor Hadrian. The apostrophe is a _slight_ giveaway.

You say 'well known fact'.

I'm assuming you've done enough research to convincingly prove that the vast majority of the global population know these truths as well.

You don't need a survey to prove that more people know these things than the ones that don't. It's assumed general knowledge. What's the capital of France, then? Or England? Or Spain? I bet you'd know that. And I can almost guarantee that 99%, if not 100% of the people that read this thread would know that.

You'd have to be a blithering idiot to not know that the Berlin Wall was in Berlin. And if they don't, they're obviously not worth discussing on the internet because they probably don't even know what a computer or the internet is.

@Bonk:

> It's also a well known fact that Hadrian's wall was built by Emperor Hadrian. The apostrophe is a _slight_ giveaway.

Because we all know that apostrophes can be implied in verbal speech…
...also, correct me if I am wrong, but can’t possessive form apply to cities or countries as well as people?

(haven't watched the video, so not quite sure what's going on in here)

Well yes,  but it's A.) Another well known fact that there's no-where famous in Britain named Hadrian, and B.) No-one's ever called anything Berlin's Wall or Versaille's Palace.

Oh, and watch the video. It's funny as hell :D

Jesus Christ you lot. It's a video which was made to show how stupid some people are. Are you _honestly_ going to start a bloody debate as to _why_ these people are stupid?

Imagine how stupid the average person is. Now realise that half of the population is even more stupid than that.

This has nothing to do with people getting stage fright. This has nothing to do with people not being able to think on their feet. These people are simply stupid. That's it. If you can't learn the name of one of the world's largest fast food brands, if you can't name the capital cities of the countries who've spent the last 70 years blaming for something they did in the past and if you think America should blow up central Europe because of the sand niggers who apparently live there then your brain is devoid of any conscious thought.

The sign of a stupid person is one who lets the loudest argument guide his opinions. These people obviously share the views of a certain Fox News. The simple fact is that if a news station like that is even allowed to exist on your television stations then there's something _very_ wrong with general public opinion… something which can only come about by very stupid people having a large amount of power.

Over here we have something similar. It's a political party call the BNP. They're banned from taking part in any sort of political debate and are continuously ridiculed by everyone else.