Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Tileset Making

XPiXel

So, I'm new to making tilesets and I tried to make some for my modern game.
[![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/9edf3abd29415bba74c65e814cb61076.jpg)](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/#9edf3abd29415bba74c65e814cb61076.jpg)

What do you think? I removed all the text by the way, the ones in the shop and the billboard. Except maybe the stop sign.

@Apple:

> I do.
> I just don't color.

Then you don't do art. Trying to fob off a load of MSPaint lines which were constructed with less understanding of basic perspective and structure than my 4 year old brother as 'art' is just… strange.

@Matlock:

> The would look decent if you actually colored and shaded them. good tilesets take time and dedication.. you cant just throw a bunch of black lines together and call it a tileset…

![](http://i.imgur.com/AnAPv.png)
Here's my tileset.

There's millions of tutorials on the internet for pixel art, just have a look around and you'll improve.

For the outlines so far, you should round the corners of the road a little, make the roads wider and make each brick in the wall an even side. Remember that where your black lines are will be mortar.

The huge advertisement is completely flat, it needs 3Dicating. It might look good if you had a changing picture over it, showing in game events. The lines in the road are just lines, they're too thin to be proper road markings. You should probably change the stop sign to be floating around somewhere, in case you want to use it elsewhere. It's also flay on the bottom, not rounded. Try putting some grass tufts?

That's all I can think right now.

@Apple:

> Your sarcasm offends me xD.
> I told you, I CAN color but I can't do it nicely, unless you want a pure red, blue or whatever color there is.
> So please, don't judge the color yet…

Usually people dont smile when theyre offended but anyway… at least if you color it with some kind of color it will look much better than it does now... i mean no offense of course :P

Warning - while you were typing 2 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.

@Ryoku:

> can your tileset even be cut and condensed into neat little 32x32 tiles?
>
> if you can't its not a tile set, it's a pre-made map. Those don't go over to well using a tile system.

Yes but you could still use a pre-made map as a tileset, you just have to set the h/w right, by sending it all the way to the left, and ending it on the divisional line of 32\. Then in the map editor, you could just select the whole it for layering.