Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi Everybody!

OMGITSNNY

Hi everyone, my name is danny, my friends call me nny (ill probably explain why in a different topic).
Im new but i just wanted to throw an idea out there. Obviously it would be a longterm plan and take a lot of time and effort, but what if we as an entire community, paused our projects and all focused on one game (I.E making it epic~!!) and then launching that game, maybe even making money off of it, going straight to eclipse progression. Its a bit out there, and pretty ambitious, but dont kid yourselves its totally obtainable and with most of the seniority here the game would be pretty amazing. (as a side note obviously we would be ill advised to allow EVERYONE to participate, so there would most likely be a survey or competition of some sort, to narrow down to the more devoted ((and effiecient)) people. AGAIN just a thought.

A mix of talent probably wouldn't yield good results. If you want to make an epic game, then learn VB6 fully and make one when you have the sufficient skills and keep going until it's perfect.

If it's the feeling of awesomeness you can only get in a team that you want, then do as previous, but get a team together. It definitely would take it's time but if the product is as good as you predict then the time would be worth it.

Yep.

And the fact that anything good made by those with talent would be messed up by those who don't know what they're doing. When you water it down to the people you really need, then you just have your average EO project team. Plus I doubt EO could handle 36K admins working away at it.

The idea of the community working away on something together sounds good, but in truth there'd be too many arguments. Eclipse is pretty judgemental, rude and egotistical in the right circumstances (Most circumstances, really), but if you research before asking, you're productive and you're not rude or anything, you should be fine.

Soo… Enjoy your stay?

@Gʍ3иদɐ∟|n:

> Community project #183,290,203 filed.
>
> Thanks for the idea… these projects never get past the hey lets do this phase.
> Oh also next time say hi in the "im new/back/leaving thread"
>
> Welcome ^.^

The sad thing is how close that is probably to the real number.

Community projects don't work because the people who can make it work are hampered by the general rabble. It's been tried many times, even with some big names, but it'll never work and I doubt anyone at the top of the skill tree at the moment would even consider taking part in one.

Build up your skills and make your own game. Don't rely on other people.

oh for the record i didnt really expect a part in this even if it did happen, im too picky to work twith that many people lol, and i meant to exclude everyone with little or no skill, and everyone that would cause problems with decisions and what not (I.E. me XP)