Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My 2 cents on hireing a programer

lel

@boynaar:

> I say speling not is vely important, it is enoug f yu can understant what somone is sayying.

but its nice if someone can master his/her grammar, But i think it should be good enough to understand thats the most important thing. Youre example is a bit overboard. But if someone makes a couple of mistakes and/or forgets to put comma's it shouldnt be a big deal.

@Jungle:

> ![](http://www.myfacewhen.com/images/84.jpg)

You failed to grasp the meaning of his post.
His (mis) spelling was a simple way of backing up his **opinion** of how spelling does not matter as long as you can understand what whomever is trying to convey.

Needless to say, it is **helpful** if your programmer is able to speak English fluently however it is not required.

We can continue to troll on improper spelling in these posts, however, I would like to point out that this whole topic has gotten completely side-tracked.

Programming skills are nice but not required to work on a game. The most important skills are problem solving, oral and written communication and creativity.

You're not going to get very far as a programmer without the ability to articulate any problems you have with the spec or the ability to build a rapport with your client. Communication is always at the top of any required skill list for any job. You can be the best computer expert around but if you can't talk to people you're useless.

@Gonpooboo:

> You hired THE Mr.MO??? I used his ABS in my game :D

Yeah, he was very concerned about making sure I got exactly what I asked for.
The problem was, I was like " OMG I want your ABS but with this (this used to shorten what I said"
However when I asked what the thing I asked for, I might as well have just said "this".

I learned a lot from him. 

Also despite where this topic has went, please do still feel free to come and ask me for any advice on the matter.    =)