Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A sad story. Be warned.

Whackeddie99

Alright guys. This is where Im going to go in depth about my life, and a sad story of this past day.

I'm 16 years old, my favorite sport is hockey. I live near Canada, and so most of my buds are hockey players aswell. One of my friends Matthew McDonald, who has played on my hockey team for years, was moving to Florida in April 2011\. He announced this about a year ago.

Matt has happy. He was so full of joy, he couldnt wait to move to Florida to play on the Panthers Travel Hockey Team. I remember how excited he was, and how he told us when his going away party would be.

The winter hockey season ended, and Matthew played spring hockey. I didn't as we couldnt afford it. Matthew wasnt at school one day.

**He wasnt at school because he was hit by a puck in the head, and needed x-rays. It wasn't until the next day he wasn't there that we found out that when he got x-rays, he was diagnosed with stage 5 Brain Cancer.**

Skip 3 months ahead. He's leaving, leaving my life like a fastest bullet you've ever seen. They moved to Florida and left there house behind. No more talk of him.

Skip 11 months, to January 10th, 2012.

**Matthew McDonald, my dearest friend, passed away from Stage 5 Brain Cancer at 3:40 EST on January 10th, 2012\. RIP Matthew, you will be missed by all. You are in a better place now, without pain. I hope you have just as much fun wherever you are now as you would of in Florida.**

And that's the story, Eclipse. Asking why I have shared this with you, because I needed to get these feelings out.

Goodbye, old friend -

@College:

> It's a shame that hockey pucks have been the main contributing source of brain cancer… No wonder why the NHL is cracking down on all the pond-violence.

It wasn't caused by the hockey puck, infact, the hockey puck did nothing at all. It's just a blessing from god that he DID get hit. Because that is how they found out he had it. If he hadn't gotton x-rays, he wouldn't have lasted this long. Period.

Anyways, today I found out more information. He died in his sleep, and the doctors knew he wouldn't make it. His family was there with him, and my whole community is in mourning. No school friday. There is a memorial for him, but the funeral remains in Florida.

Thanks from everyone. And in a joking matter, you too Renzo.

Sorry to hear…

like you said at least they were able to find out about the cancer, and were able to be better prepaired, than if he were to just pass unexpectantly. At least you can take comfort in the fact his family was able to be with him for his passing.

@F​luttershy:

> Sorry to hear…
>
> like you said at least they were able to find out about the cancer, and were able to be better prepaired, than if he were to just pass unexpectantly. At least you can take comfort in the fact his family was able to be with him for his passing.

We held maybe ten fundraisers in Michigan and rounded up about 10 grand to send him to stay at St. Judes Children's hospital. Eventually though, they had to move to Florida because of his fathers job. I hear they used the leftover money to do really nice things for him.

I just know somewhere deep in my heart that hes with the Big Man doing what he does best:

![](http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/388664_322719967760440_100000673193409_1051725_236656294_n.jpg)