Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anybody…

BillyM

It's probably been over a year since the last time I posted in the forums.  I see a million Projects started and all promising to be great.  Tons of WIP's.  Has anybody ever finished one or even have a playable WIP?  Any promising projects at all?  It's disappointing to see this wonderful engine (mad props to you, Robin) and not seeing anybody put it to use.

I had visions last year of what I'd create but then worked all summer (60+ hour work weeks).  A few days ago I started picking back up where I left off.  The only thing that keeps me down and gets me in a funk are graphics/tilesets.  I neeeeeeeed custom graphics.  Can anybody point me in the right direction of a talented artist?  Compensation possibly available =)

If anybody is curious, I've added a questing system, projectiles (95% finished), NPC drops, more equipment slots, a mini map, varying movement speed for players and npcs(example, a pair of boots or a spell that allows you to walk faster - 90% complete) and currently working on big update that sort of is the basis of the game.  It's what makes it 'different' and hopefully fun. =)

Where do you think I've seen all the projects that never go anywhere? > Eclipse Projects.

I wasn't asking for a map of the forum.  I'm very capable of finding my destination =)
Think of it this way, I was asking if there's any popular projects out there that now has its own webpage with a player base greater than 50+

but yeah, otherwise, thanks.

Talent is a very, very rare commodity. It's basically a case of becoming the very best at what you do. Talent attracts talent.

I'd say most artists would love to work on a project with me simply because I'm the best at what I do.

There's a fairly prominent sub-community within Eclipse which is reserved for the people who are the best at what they do. They generally work together on projects and help each other out. I think the 5 best projects over the last half-decade were created by this group.

Just keep going. Advertise the project, post some tutorials and shit and eventually people will be clammering to help you out.

@Robin:

> There's a fairly prominent sub-community within Eclipse which is reserved for the people who are the best at what they do. They generally work together on projects and help each other out. I think the 5 best projects over the last half-decade were created by this group.

List the people and projects. :P

@Robin:

> Talent is a very, very rare commodity. It's basically a case of becoming the very best at what you do. Talent attracts talent.
>
> I'd say most artists would love to work on a project with me simply because I'm the best at what I do.

Stephan is better.

Your statement is highly arrogant, and totally false.

Stephan might be better but his projects are not accessible to the general talent pool of this community as well as Robin's work is.

But seriously this is Eclipse here. A VB6-based simplistic engine made accessible for hobbyists and the like. If you go straight into it thinking on nothing but commercial success you've already failed. It's just simple tools and a community to let you tinker around with stuff and see if it's a viable path for you to follow in the future (and a place for people with relatively similar interests to get together and chat).