Find results in...

[EO] Buff/DeBuff Spells V1.2

RyokuHasu

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@kahnival:

> Could you explain/what you did for us noobs?
> Perfectly understandable if you dont want to of cause!

I'm assuming he looked at how I handled rendering the pictures and then went on to copy this and modify it to render buffs and debuffs.

@Lee:

> for example, when i cast a simple spell with +10 vital, 20 duration with +HP buff. 
>
> there are two animations i set, the casting one and the second one. 
>
> i see the casting animation, but i never lose the MP and the HP buff never shows up, not even if i am hit by a monster, etc. 
>
> I have poured over your code and the updates to it, i am still utterly confused as to what else to do.

I'm on the same boat you're in. :<

hey can someone please explain to me how the stats are removed when the buff runs out? I have the whole thing working, Ive just been trying to figure it out so I can make it so an aura will go away when the buff timer runs out. If anyone can point me in the right section of this code  I would be very grateful. Thanks for all the help everyone.

@or3o:

> hey can someone please explain to me how the stats are removed when the buff runs out? I have the whole thing working, Ive just been trying to figure it out so I can make it so an aura will go away when the buff timer runs out. If anyone can point me in the right section of this code  I would be very grateful. Thanks for all the help everyone.

the duration of the spell is determined by your will
look at the code and edit that out

I understand that your willpower affects the duraion. i am just trying to figure out how make it so a paperdoll layer is hidden when the spell runs out. thank you for responding tho.
never mind I figured it out. and has anyone by chance figure out how to make it so a buff spell can have more than one stat involved? like say add hp but -int ?

• 4 weeks later...
Debuffs only work on other players not npcs. im aware of that i just thought the other guy who was having a problem didnt realize it, but judging by his latest post he may actually be having an issue.

• 3 weeks later...
@Ariel:

> Ok then if i paste everything but when i use the buff (which add HP for example) nothing happened :O

you must add sendvitals to that case where u casting buff, becouse vitals are updating every 5 secs so you wont see anything :cheesy:

A buff or a debuff are spell effects that linger on your target. They're basically beneficial or negative spells that last for a while.

Say I have a boss fight coming up, and I have this spell here that will grant +10 attack for 10 minutes to my entire party. The effect of that spell would be called a Buff, because.. Well.. It "Buffs" things up, makes them stronger. a Debuff is the exact opposite however, and often brings negative numbers instead of positive.

@Whack:

> probably the dumbest question ever, I read the whole topic looking…
>
> what is a buff/debuff?

Basically a buff is a temporary spell that allows you to increase your stats slightly, or a debuff being the exact opposite, by removing the effects set by buffs.

• 1 month later...
@Murdoc:

> now this needs to be done so that u can debuff enemies, npc's can use them and have spell icons show up on the main screen when youre buffed or debuffed… then it would be ub3r ;-) not sayin im gonna do it of course

plus 1 :)