Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

We need some contests.

Drummerpete

I don't remember the last time I saw a SOTW or writing contest. I think it'd be good to start bringing these back…
The main problem was, especially regarding the writing contests, we would only have two or three entries.

So, I guess I'm asking, what contests would you all be interested in participating in?

@Pete:

> That was a little harsh, anyway..
> You need to know how to structure a contest, it's not just a case of:
> "SOTW - MAKE AWESOME SIGNATURE, BEST ONE GETS A COOKIE".
>
> I'd be happy to start the contest if I got enough people interested in participating.

Now I'm interested. I'll participate.

@Toshiro:

> The main thing people want from contests is a prize worth putting the time into the contest. Most of the Eclipse contests barely had a prize worth contesting for. Would usually be something random, like name color changes.

The prize is eternal glory. Who doesn't want that?

@Fogger:

> Any kind of contest would be great, I would join (except maybe writing haha).

This is why English quality around here sucks.

The April fool's idea would be quite good.
Starting today and lasting for a week would bring it to the 2nd April. Does everyone think that would be a good time frame?

Getting some contests going would be great. They kind of petered of due to lack of interest. If a  good amount of people agree to participate i can throw one up. Or if someone creates a contest pm me the link and i will put it in the news etc.

@[Pie:

> ICT link=topic=79027.msg847410#msg847410 date=1332822683]
> Pixel contest please and thanks.

Ay. I like contests that are a bit more serious and pertain more to the one thing we all have in common: Game Development.

@Toshiro:

> I thought that was the direction the contest are aiming for, originally. Seems it went the wrong direction though.

Someone suggested an april fools contest, I immediately thought of funny pictures.

In the future, I was hoping to have pixel contests, music contests, writing contests, etc…

I figured this current contest would be really easy for _everyone_ to get involved. I'm hoping this will lead to more people participating in the future.
That was the problem with the contests before. They kind of just quietly died off because there were hardly ever any entries.

@Pete:

> That was the problem with the contests before. They kind of just quietly died off because there were hardly ever any entries.

Yeah. Even with minor rewards like name color changes, people still don't seem to want to do it.