Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First View of the Galaxy Conquest 2569 V2 Main Play screen

Captain_Starblazer

@Starblazer:

> http://galconq.oldmmogamers.net/info/galcom.shtml

Looks extremely complex and graphics look like they're from the '90s. Hell, everything there looks like it's from the '90s, even the website.

@Dremek:

> I don't care about this game. First post! Woot! Just kidding, looks nice!

wut.

@Jungle:

> Looks extremely complex and graphics look like they're from the '90s. Hell, everything there looks like it's from the '90s, even the website.
>
> wut.

And what do you expect a VB6 client to look like?? 3D??
I'm just a grumpy very old bastard and I'm stuck in the 70's-80's..
Don't look at it if you don't like it..simple…

Cheers!

@Eckhart:

> Great attitude bro. I'm sure it makes you a much better artist and game developer.

I'm sure I don't care what you think, your insulting tone AND attitude gave me that conclusion.

As far as Mr. "Its SO last century" he got what he deserved for his attitude.

1.) I'm not making any money from this
I host and provide the game free of charge to anyone who wants to try it, at my own expense.
If you don't like the game, me, the graphics, the interface or any other aspect. Seek life elsewhere.

2.) I could care less..
If you want to try the game your welcome to it, if you want to female dog about the free game you are trying at my expense. I DON'T CARE. I am not going to beg anyone to try this game. It  gives me something to do in my retirement other than boredom vegging in front of the TV.

"Have a nice day!"

Nuff Said?

Saying something "looks like the 90s" is NOT constructive criticism, Jungle.

This looks very close to something I've seen before, but I'm not sure where. I have the feeling I've critiqued on a very similar game layout before, and writing the same things I am now.

**You don't need that much information always availible to the player.**
The main game screen should primarily focus on the gamespace the player unit is in, entities and objects in the gamespace, the player unit's condition, and it's configuration. Half that screen can be removed or placed into contextual menus or their own dedicated windows. Things like the stock exchange, covert operations, can be removed completely, and the cargo listing can be moved to the bottom or something instead of the financial listing (all you should need to know at any given time is current liquid capital, spending potential – the other stuff is details that can be looked into seperately).

**Large game window is bad for potential player base**
Since the game window is so big showing all this general nonsense, it's obstructive and generally annoying to a big chunk of the potential player base for these sort of games: laptops and older computers. People with nice big monitor rigs have the money to generally afford real games with fancy graphics, and usually for these indie MMO type of games they are best played in slightly smaller windows so good machines can play them in the semi-background and older machines can play them decently too.

Streamline the game and interface design. Make it so stock exchange and that sort of listing requires you to be docked at a commerce base or something, or maybe connected to one via a communications location or ship system. Same with the covert operations control panel and the like; these are things that have specific contextual usage and are not required to be displayed all the time.

Cargo types are sort of arbitrary, and can be improved and streamlined. Nor should you need to display all the cargo types all the time; displaying the active cargo types as they are owned in your holds is fine.

If it was streamlined and improved it looks like it has a lot of potential, though.

@Anna:

> -snip-
> Streamline the game and interface design.
> -snip-

I find Annas comments well grounded in this regard. While it is sometimes convenient to have all the features at your fingertips, the presentation and organisation of this data into subcategories will aid new players learning experiences and improve player retention.

I love the complexity you're going for and encourage you to continue, great work.

@Baron:

> I find Annas comments well grounded in this regard. While it is sometimes convenient to have all the features at your fingertips, the presentation and organisation of this data into subcategories will aid new players learning experiences and improve player retention.
>
> I love the complexity you're going for and encourage you to continue, great work.

You have no idea :) Besides what you see, you can also build an outpost on planets, upgrade building to give you more production and credits (money) as well as asset management of these facilities (you have to supply materials to produce the output). Exploring unknown planets for special items using in crafting, there will be 'quests' as well as achievement and metals.

If no ones around you compete against AI for monetary supremacy. You don't actually see anyone else other than the AI. A lot of info will be updated on the website (there is already quite a pit there) The screen side is 1600x625 which is available on just about any flat screen.

The game is definitely not for every one and is but no means 'intuitive'

If interested I can save you a beta spot.

Cheers

@Jungle:

> What do you expect us to do? Bow down in front of you and praise your work? This board is for constructive criticize. If you can't handle it then don't post.

I have already stated I could not give an Orc Fart what you think of it, sorry!
And if you don't like my opinions, or you cant handle them. don't read them.

Cheers

Please don't triple post, there is a Edit button for that.

Also, if you're really 55 then you're the oldest member out here. :P

And I agree with the others, Galaxy Conquest looks kinda complex and 90's, but I'm sure there are people who will like it. ;)

@Erwin:

> Please don't triple post, there is a Edit button for that.
>
> Also, if you're really 55 then you're the oldest member out here. :P
>
> And I agree with the others, Galaxy Conquest looks kinda complex and 90's, but I'm sure there are people who will like it. ;)

I have 4 Alpha Testers at the moment, and 27 Future Beta Testers signed up so I would think so…
Most that have signed seem to realize this won't be a graphics dependent 3D whiz bang that needs the current latest and greatest super-computer. They actually like a game that is somewhat complex that you actually have to think! The game concentrates on something other than snazzy graphics. Will appeal to mostly 'City Builder' types

Even if no one plays it for a long time, its construction is keeping me from going stir-crazy and dying of boredom.

@Starblazer:

> I hand-code/write all my pages with a text editor. So the old way works better for me.

Who said you can't hand-code css? Thats how I do it. Anyone using something like dreamweaver, that writes it for you, is a tard.

@Jungle:

> Looks extremely complex and graphics look like they're from the '90s. Hell, everything there looks like it's from the '90s, even the website.

How the tits did you get so offended by this comment? Seemed more like an origin or inspiration guess rather then an insult. If I got the same comment I'd be like- fuck yeah bro, because the golden age of gaming is what I want to bring back!

@Kreator:

> How the tits did you get so offended by this comment? Seemed more like an origin or inspiration guess rather then an insult. If I got the same comment I'd be like- fuck yeah bro, because the golden age of gaming is what I want to bring back!

I didn't actually get offended although I guess it could be seen that way, I mainly just wanted to let him and others know I couldn't give a Targ fart if they liked my "90's" site and game or not  :cheesy:

Funny thing is, if he is one of the ones here using VB6, thats also so "90's"  :P

Also when I'm programming I'm listening to Roger Waters/Old Pink Floyd, BTO, CCR and Styx (Circa 70's-80's) Old People dislike change and 'new tricks'

Cheers