Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pet arenas?

SkywardRiver

I think if I were to do something like that then I would write some nice AI to keep watching the battles interesting, such as AI which works together, or more tactically. I don't know about anyone else, but NPC's always going for the brute-force approach gets boring very quickly.

@Niall:

> I think if I were to do something like that then I would write some nice AI to keep watching the battles interesting, such as AI which works together, or more tactically. I don't know about anyone else, but NPC's always going for the brute-force approach gets boring very quickly.

Yes would get boring quickly… Unless maybe it was just for some small rooster fighting gambling thing :/

@Niall:

> I think if I were to do something like that then I would write some nice AI to keep watching the battles interesting, such as AI which works together, or more tactically. I don't know about anyone else, but NPC's always going for the brute-force approach gets boring very quickly.

How about Catch The Flag or Conquer Mode? Like… your own little personal Rooster has to take 3 of 5 Shrines in a specific area to win a round? Or just Catch a specific piece of whatever?
Maybe you could add advanced areas with lava, earthquakes or your players could summone little NPCs to help your Rooster or could activate specific effects to harm the opponent?
wubwubwub. :D

I agree with Niall it would be dull just to see them rush at each other then sit there going. "Bam I hit you" it would be interesting if they used spells and tried to run away and such. Or you could make the players take control once summoned which sounds like a lame way of doing it.

@Jaxx:

> WHOH guys. What you are talking about is way more complicated than what I had in mind. I'm not Niall. I'm just a beginning coder. A novice. So….. yeah

My way of having you be the pets would be a good idea and easier for you then.