• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat with the Admins!!!

jcsnider

@'Yuko':

> @'RomeOnline':
>
> > I've been here through most of it all, and what I can honestly say is that Eclipse hasn't been the same for quite a while now, its really sad. Logging on everday to see what was new and todays topic and all the games that wanted to be made, it was awesome. The activity just isn't there anymore, and I think its honestly at a point where that won't change very much. However, Eclipse will always be a home for me, its part of my childhood, and I had lots of great memories with lots of people here that share them with me. Good shit, but I think its unfixable, the forums will never have that same MPH, atleast how I feel. Don't mean to put Eclipse down in any way, love it here.
>
> I agree, but don't give up on us yet. Getting new members in here like me and creator is going to help a lot. There will be a lot coming in the near future, it's not the community that needs changing, but the content we provide. So expanding our options will be helpful. I'm glad you love it here, so have I. I've been with Eclipse for a long while now and I won't let it be beat down so easily :)

I'd say its both the community and content. Honestly a lot of folk are jaded asses that will just tell people to look for stuff.. Thing is, those answers or tutorials are all broken. Heck why we still keep them is beyond me as all links were broken through the past 2-3 forum transitions and none of the downloads work anymore. And since there's no real proper guide to getting started with the engine or even working basic features of the UI a lot of questions get asked on the shoutbox that then get ignored or get a response that just doesn't help them.

There's problems on more than one front, fixing just the website won't bring us the people or community. :P

I never really said just fixing the website was going to fix the community, I also had another point of expansion.

Anyways, my ideas started from expanding content, because if we offer more then we have a broader spectrum of things people can enjoy, which brings more people (most likely), it's not just the community, because the community would be based off of what we can provide, which is why I said not trying to fix it directly would be a good way to go. Adding more content and features would be a better call imo, but it's whatever you think. Also I don't mean content as in like a gallery, but more engines and tools people could use to get some people active and start discussion. Thats what a community needs.

What we do in the future will work one way or another ;)