Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What happened to Silverdale?

Azizele

I used to be a very big fan back in the day and I was following their jump to seemingly much more advanced engine, however when I jumped out of the Mirage loop a few years back I lost track of it's development. The old domain (Skideria) seems to be offline and I was just wondering if anyone knew what happened?

Back when Justin was running skideria and skideria.com few years back it was just me and him running the game. I was a programmers, and wrote the quests and shit. I had to leave because we all grow up at some point. After that they had Wins, and Seth working with the .NET engine and then it all died like the blink of an eye. The site was later revised to http://sd.skideria.com/ to act as a portal for a game collection being run by Justin. The site is still registered to him, however all you will get is "Index of –--- cgi-bin/"

I still have a backup of the second to last .NET engine that Justin had. But I'm pretty sure whoever (even though whoever is a ghost) still has rights to the name.

I am working on finishing **Eclipse Worlds** relatively soon. Never been a fan of these DirectX8 GUIs, even though **Nin Online** has one. These games in the past were good due to the simplicity and classical element in them. **Eclipse Worlds** was made for **Silverdale**, I am the co-owner of it with **Justin**. **Justin** quit game development, he now runs an entirely different business called [**British Recyclers**](http://britishrecyclers.com/) which is for cars. I am going to finish it soon, been becoming a better programmer throughout the years. I used to rely on other programmers to help me, but now I am starting to be able to do it all on my own. The reason why I did this is because, I am a developer at heart. Programming is not my favorite activity to do, but I do it cause it enables me to do what I want.