Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Issue with Eclipse in VB6

Tashology

Hi,
I recently got a new PC. I loaded Eclipse and attempted to run it in VB6 and got a 'user-defined type not defined' error on the following line:

```
Private Sub listCharacters_ColumnClick(ByVal ColumnHeader As MSComctlLib.ColumnHeader)
```
Any ideas what's up?

Thanks,

Ok, I don't appear to be getting the previous issue however when I try to run the project now I get 'user type not defined' on this line:

Vertex(0 To 3) As TLVERTEX

I've installed a number of things from the link with no avail and I've registered all the DLLs. No luck.

I am getting other issues which _might_ be the cause. When I load up the project there are some errors and it says to refer to the log files.

I opened one of the log files for Editor_Events and found this:

```
Line 1696: Class MSComctlLib.TabStrip of control tabCommands was not a loaded control class.

Line 3930: Class MSComctlLib.TabStrip of control tabPages was not a loaded control class.

```
Is this causing the issues? If so what can I do to fix it?

![](http://i.imgur.com/w5qNmTK.png)

This is the VBP project I have open. I can't see where the MSCOMCTL version or where to change it.

Also I looked into the MSCOMCTL file as well but it's full of random symbols and I can't see anywhere to edit it.

Any recommendations?

You need to add it in if it is missing. I am not sure exactly, it is something I'd have to troubleshoot on my end to give you a straightforward answer.

Make sure your client.vbp has this.
Object={831FDD16-0C5C-11D2-A9FC-0000F8754DA1}#2.1#0; MSCOMCTL.OCX

VBP do not edit OCX.

If it doesn't, add it. Change 2.1 to 2 if you error. Make sure to reload source and don't save any changes that Visual Basic 6 makes unless it works.

First Step: Download all the OCX and DLLs required, only the 32bits version!
Second Step: Move all of it for the System32, and then register them using regsvr32 dllname.dll (Use Windows + R to Run)
Third Step: Open VB6, go to Project > References and add the DLLs you download.
Fourth Step: Go to Project > Components and add the OCXs you download.

Dont forget to select the DLLs and OCXs on VB6 after add them!