Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Open Pandora

saadhamza

Alright everyone, just wanting to advertise a bit to those that don't know. And no, this isn't self promotion, i'm just promoting an item that i love… a lot. It's called the Open Pandora:
http://openpandora.org/

It is basically a DS sized portable PC type thing, except that it's more of a gaming device created for emulators. It runs emulators up to PS1 smoothly, and can even run some N64 games full speed, with many more becoming more than playable. It also has a touch screen, with a full keyboard and an 11 hours battery life. Here's a review of one, if you're interested:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2CA0UE6yRQ

I personally think it's freaking great. They've recently gotten new manufacturing partners who work really well, and things are gaining speed quickly. The reason you probably haven't heard of them is because they haven't advertised

So, in the end, even if you don't want to buy one, at least try to support their cause! ^^ Spread word to anyone you think may be interested. As for me, i'll be playing my Twisted Metal and Final Fantasy Tactics all day long on this thing <3

Yeah, it is a bit overpriced, though it's not without reason i think. They don't have all of the luxuries that big companies like Nintendo have what with manufacturing costs, etc. They also don't have game companies paying them royalties, which also accounts for why other portable consoles are cheaper.

Oh, and also, they're working on a new version for the future, they're doing a test run right now. Estimated about 50% faster, with better gpu, cpu, and ram, as well as a sturdier case. The test run units are super expensive, around 700$, but some people are more than willing to buy them. I probably would to, because i'm a super-fanboy… but i don't have that much cash D':

• 3 weeks later...
Nope, i don't think there are any MMORPGs working on this. Though i think that's mostly because there haven't been any MMOs ported to it yet. It certainly could run MMORPGs if someone either created one for it or ported it over to the linux/arm system that it runs.