Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can runescape get any weirder

JohnPony

I don't see what the problem is with this. Given, I haven't played Runescape in a while, but it does look as if the combat is going in the right direction. That was something I did stay clear of beforehand, seeing as it did get quite boring very quickly. Hopefully this will put a stop to that. :)

@Niall:

> I don't see what the problem is with this. Given, I haven't played Runescape in a while, but it does look as if the combat is going in the right direction. That was something I did stay clear of beforehand, seeing as it did get quite boring very quickly. Hopefully this will put a stop to that. :)

Simple answer. Runescape will get much much weirder my friend.

Its not getting weirder, its becoming more like an actual game, and less like a herp-derpity.

Now, if they would only get rid of that disgusting click-to-move system and impliment some WASD or somethingā€¦ Until then, this game sucks.

@Skweek:

> That isn't greed, that is running a company. Everyone knows that Jagex is run by investors, but it has no effect on the actual game content.

That is greed, at a time, Jagex cared about its product along with its player base. Now its like they don't give a damn about their product, rather how much money they can suck out before it comes down crashing. And at the same time initial creators cannot do a thing about it, welcome to capitalism.

@John:

> That is greed, at a time, Jagex cared about its product along with its player base. Now its like they don't give a damn about their product, rather how much money they can suck out before it comes down crashing. And at the same time initial creators cannot do a thing about it, welcome to capitalism.

http://www.2006scape.com/
'Nuff said.

@Sick:

> http://www.2006scape.com/
> 'Nuff said.

I don't see them lasting to long after launch, I hope they do but jagex is going to do everything in their power to shut down the server like they have every large server so usually it's just a matter of how long till the courts catch up to them.Ā  Hope it does stay around tho I love how complete they have been with re-creating the game but jagex will fight to the last breath to protect their copyright on that sutff.

@John:

> That is greed, at a time, Jagex cared about its product along with its player base. Now its like they don't give a damn about their product, rather how much money they can suck out before it comes down crashing. And at the same time initial creators cannot do a thing about it, welcome to capitalism.

What the hell are you on about? If Jagex didn't care about its userbase, then it would have stopped pushing updates, and told the large community they have to fuck off. Also, it's not greed, it's called running a business. You're also speaking like you actually have to pay for Runescape. Quite a majority of the Runescape userbase it made up of F2P players. I remember playing Runescape F2P for quite a long time before I tried the membership stuff. If you don't like the way the game is going, you either submit some feedback to the developers / community liason, and if they get a large chunk of responses saying the same thing, then they're quite likely going to do something about it, or, you just stop playing. You're not being forced into it.

I know i am not being forced into it, i am just saying i liked Runescape a lot better when it was run by a smaller jagex. Their was a lot less crap, the game has also become very sloppy, their updates are often buggy and pushed out as fast as possible. Heck for around 3 months it was almost unplayable due to a poorly coded update. Jagex goes on and on about bots and real world trading, thenĀ  they release the squeal of fortune, which is probably the worst update in Runescape history. On top of that their customer support has declined greatly over the years, around 6 years ago if i ever had trouble with purchasing membership, the problem was swiftly identified and fixed. Now if i ever call for support, i get on some shitty hold list, then i get put on with either a machine or some person i cant understand.

@John:

> I know i am not being forced into it, i am just saying i liked Runescape a lot better when it was run by a smaller jagex. Their was a lot less crap, the game has also become very sloppy, their updates are often buggy and pushed out as fast as possible. Heck for around 3 months it was almost unplayable due to a poorly coded update.

It's the balance between frequent updates and well-coded updates. Half the userbase want more content quicker, the other half wants the developers to take their time on updates. You just have to remember that you cannot please everyone.

@Niall:

> It's the balance between frequent updates and well-coded updates. Half the userbase want more content quicker, the other half wants the developers to take their time on updates. You just have to remember that you cannot please everyone.

I understand lightning, i was not saying that the game is bad for everyone. It just no longer suits my needs. Its more of younger player base now. Its just one of those examples where something is not as good as it was in the 'good ole days'

> If Jagex didn't care about its userbase, then it would have stopped pushing updates

Just because they push updated through, does not mean the care about the satisfaction of their players, more or less what they have in their pockets. I just believe that Jagex could be putting out better, well tested content for those who pay for the game. And cut down on the real world trading they are starting to push forward. How much money you have IRL should not be able to define how good you are at a game.