Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is this wrong?

JohnPony

I know peoples views on corporal punishment varies, and wanted to know what you guys thought about this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl9y3SIPt7o

I think the events that took place in this video were extremely wrong, i just cant agree with hitting a child, and on top of that a female. I think the man in this video was sick. But that is just my opinion… What is yours?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@TheSoljah:

> Of course i dont agree with this kind of punishment, a simple smack maybe but none of this brutal attack buisness.. i bet she wont do that again

Yeah i agree, this is just the result of ignorance, I cant stand ignorance.
After this being on youtube, im surprised the dad hasn't had the shit beat out of him yet.

How exactly is this a debate? "Here's a sick video, I think it's sick, do you think it's sick?" I could post a video of a puppy being burned alive and do the exactly same thing and we can all cheerfully bash whoever burned the puppy alive.

Any kind of violence in family is a sick thing considering that your home should be a safe place, children abuse especially. And on a side note - there is no difference between beating up a boy or a girl. It's a child retards. It's gender doesn't change anything and by saying "Especially females." you are only showing how shallow your opinion is.

@Kusy:

> How exactly is this a debate? "Here's a sick video, I think it's sick, do you think it's sick?" I could post a video of a puppy being burned alive and do the exactly same thing and we can all cheerfully bash whoever burned the puppy alive.
>
> Any kind of violence in family is a sick thing considering that your home should be a safe place, children abuse especially. And on a side note - there is no difference between beating up a boy or a girl. It's a child retards. It's gender doesn't change anything and by saying "Especially females." you are only showing how shallow your opinion is.

I think you are a idiot. Their is a wide debate over whether corporal punishment should be used in a household or not. So maybe take your flaming somewhere else? And im not saying that beating a boy is really any different, but typically i would believe a 16 year old boy may have a little more to fight back with then a 110-125 pound female.

@Aeri:

> Curiosity, why is a female more sacred than a man in your opinion?

I am not saying that they are more sacred, but to me they are. I am sure if i was a woman i would find a man sacred, its just about the feeling of needing to protect the opposite gender.

If you think that whether or not corporal punishment is fine should even be discussed you should consult a doctor or a pharmacist.

This is not a valid debate as long as you're looking for some hillbillies you could pick on and using this as bait. What the fuck is wrong with you? Asking the question "is this wrong?" under a video of an adult man and his wife torturing their own child for five minutes can't be considered anything else than attention whoring.

Discussing this is just as pointless as discussing stoning as a form of punishment for infidelity or concentration camps - anyone with a quarter of a brain knows it's wrong, and anyone who think it's not is not worth talking to.

@Kusy:

> If you think that whether or not corporal punishment is fine should even be discussed you should consult a doctor or a pharmacist.
>
> This is not a valid debate as long as you're looking for some hillbillies you could pick on and using this as bait. What the duck is wrong with you? Asking the question "is this wrong?" under a video of an adult man and his wife torturing their own child for five minutes can't be considered anything else than attention whoring.
>
> Discussing this is just as pointless as discussing stoning as a form of punishment for infidelity or concentration camps - anyone with a quarter of a brain knows it's wrong, and anyone who think it's not is not worth talking to.

If what you say is true, millions parents across the world who use corporal punishment are crazy. I don't know where you live, but almost everywhere parents use some kind of physical punishment, whether it is a slap on the wrist, standing in the corner, or this. Corporal punishment is used in a daily basis everywhere. God only knows what world you are living in, but corporal punishment happens in more places then just 'hillbilly land'. Are we forgetting the catholic school punishment that took place no more then 25 years ago? Or what about being paddled in a normal public school no more then 30 years ago? Were they hillbillies? Corporal punishment is a valid debate, i do not care what you say. Many people still find corporal punishment a valid way to discipline a child, therefore it is still a valid debate.

Well if you want to tell me that since it was ok to abuse children 30 years ago - there's no wonder it still happens. Any country that does not forbid corporal punishment at home and at school is culturally inferior. I am perfectly aware that many people do it, but at least in some places it's not encouraged by the ducking government. There's not a single country in Europe that would consider corporal punishment at school lawful… apparently except for France, but France is a land of debility anyways.

And where I'm living? In one of the 32 countries where it has been officially outlawed to beat children. And if you were guessing - yeah, what I mean when I say "hillbilly land" is United States of Murica. Where in 19 states it's still legal to hit children at schools, while even Kenya outlawed it. Kenya - a third world country. Not to even mention that all states consider it fine for you to duck up your kid at home.

Also, I would strongly advice that you check up what you're talking about... because sending a child to stand in a corner has nothing to do with the topic.

> Well if you want to tell me that since it was ok to abuse children 30 years ago

When did i ever say it was ok to do? Seriously, i want to know? Just because i gave information on the amount of people 'WORLD WIDE' that used corporal punishment does not mean i support it, your argument is invalid.

> And where I'm living? In one of the 32 countries where it has been officially outlawed to beat children. And if you were guessing - yeah, what I mean when I say "hillbilly land" is United States of Murica.

For one, suggesting that anyone who lives in the United States is a hillbilly is highly prejudice and frowned upon by many non-inferior countries. That statement just shows what type of person you are.

> Also, I would strongly advice that you check up what you're talking about… because sending a child to stand in a corner has nothing to do with the topic.

Sending a child to the corner is a mental and physical punishment, maybe you should look up the word physical. Not only does sending a child to the corner give the mental punishment of being cast away, or shunned. But it also can cause muscle strain after long periods of standing, which is a physical punishment.

"Any punishment in which physical force is used and intended to cause some degree of pain or discomfort, however light."

That is the definition.
Unless you're dragging someone into the corner - it has nothing to do with corporal punishment. Beating a child is one thing, upbringing without any form of punishment is another. Both are wrong.

@Eckhart:

> I do not believe that there's a single person under the age of 50 who supports corporal punishment. You will find no one who supports this on this website.

Oh really? Shocking, isn't it?

I support corporal punishment if a child is being a D-bag, and needs to be taught respect. I was a good child, so I never needed anything like it, but kids these days are so stupid, its ridiculous. All the partying and stupid nonsensical behaviour they do is completely inappropriate.

When you're a child, you are bound to do something that will provoke aggression from your parent, provided that your parent has a tendency for aggressive behavior. Children cry, they make a mess, they do stupid things - if someone wants to take his frustration and anger on it, he will find billions of reasons to do so.

Children right now are acting dumb because they have dumb parents. Because those parents are too self concerned, or not ready for a child or just bad at raising them - because family is no longer valued by the society. That girl will most likely grow up to be a dumb female dog like her mother was, supporting her abusive husband and blaming the child for being beaten up. Or maybe she'll run the hell out of the shit hole she was living in, start living in a big city, become obsessed with proving her own value to herself and never find time to properly raise her own child between shifts? Or she'll decide that since her father was such a stick she will be the perfect mother and will let her children do whatever they want - creating yet another entirely self concerned idiot?

I wouldn't loose my money if I'd bet that that ducked up judge was abused the same way he is abusing. Because those people think it's normal, they don't see anything wrong since hey! Their daddy did the same. That's why it's so important to officially prohibit things that are outright wrong. But do you hear anyone saying that he will prohibit this sort of punishment in the US? No, because he won't get elected then. Because (and excuse me but that's more or less how it is) half of the country is filled with people who deny evolution, think Europe is a country and think that it's ok to beat the duck out of a girl because she did something that slightly annoyed them.

@Aáron:

> Was your birth giver a man?

I'm not saying we should hit women >.>

No-one should hit anyone.

I see where General Pony is coming from though. Women being more at risk and physically weaker than men are my reasons for looking after females.