Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do you change the BMP file to something else?

LukBrave

@LukBrave:

> but then i get an error because eclipse doesn't support that file

Eclipse reads BMP images. You an convert any other format of image to BMP. In fact, that's the easiest way to have Eclipse read your images.

To convert them, use an image manipulator.

People will have access to your graphics. Someone on the forums (I think it was Lumiere) made a tutorial to ensure that people can't steal your graphics. I don't know what a splash image is, but don't change the image itself because it would ruin the graphics.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post. :(

Ok, so lets say that you get what you want… you protect your sprite file (which is incredibly hard BTW). Anyone with little effort can simply take a screenshot of your game and steal the graphics from that. So is it really worth the protection and effort?

• 1 year later...
I have noticed that many people advised you to convert PNG to other formats with the help of some 3rd party tools. As for me, I have tried to convert
[word to png](http://www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/word-convert-png/) with the help of the free trial package of a fine imaging tool. And I have to admit that choosing a fine tool is so important because only the one whose way of processing is simple and fast can make the work much more convenient to operate. Checking its free trial package according to its tutorials about how to convert document and image is also very neccesary. I hope you success. Good luck.

Best regards,

Arron

> I have noticed that many people advised you to convert PNG to other formats with the help of some 3rd party tools. As for me, I have tried to convert
> [word to png](http://www.rasteredge.com/how-to/csharp-imaging/word-convert-png/) with the help of the free trial package of a fine imaging tool. And I have to admit that choosing a fine tool is so important because only the one whose way of processing is simple and fast can make the work much more convenient to operate. Checking its free trial package according to its tutorials about how to convert document and image is also very neccesary. I hope you success. Good luck.
>
>  
>
>  
>
>  
>
> Best regards,
>
> Arron

This topic is over a year old, please stop necroposting stuff.