Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Getting An IP

00GuthixLord

Ok, so i'm trying to set up a server and I have one problem. That is I can't host a server off my network. Please don't say just port forward… No I mean it's against the contract my family has for the internet, so  I can not set up a server with my internet without losing internet all together, so my question is: Is there a way to get my server hosted by someone? If there is please tell me a way thank you.

@Joost:

> Most people here aren't allowed to host a server using their internet but they do it anyway. Your ISP won't even notice it, and if they will they won't shut you down randomly.

@jcsnider:

> They tend not to care about small stuff like Eclipse. They do care however if you are hosting websites and do occasional port 80 checks.

Yes but even if i did i would not have the internet to keep it up. I don't have the best internet.

@Soul:

> I think that he means his internet connection is spotty, and it turns off and on at times.

On mobile, may have misread. If so.. he finally has a reasonable excuse to not host his own server. (But then why are you paying the internet company at all if they are unreliable?) XD