Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Easy to use Map convertor

erkro1

I've edited the Eclipse Dawn Account Convertor to convert maps, and with some help from Soul I have managed to get it working. Its very easy to use, just edit the OldMapRec and NewMapRec and convert your maps.

**Download link:**
http://www.mediafire.com/?zfccpydt49wk11p

**Credits:**
Stein (for making the Account Convertor)
Soul (for helping fixing some bugs)
Erwin (for making the edits)

@TheChoosenOne:

> Nice work. Mind telling me how a convertor works?

Well, you make a convertor (or use an existing one and edit it to match with your UDT's) when you've changed things in the MapRec, TileRec or other Map UDT related thing. (NOTE: you don't need to convert or delete your maps when you add something at the end of the UDT)
Normally you'll have to delete your maps because the UDT is changed, but when you convert it you don't have to delete it, which is handy if you have alot maps you don't want to redo.

@zarz02:

> Can you explain exactly what this does?

I already explained it because TheChoosenOne had thesame question.

@Erwin:

> Well, you make a convertor (or use an existing one and edit it to match with your UDT's) when you've changed things in the MapRec, TileRec or other Map UDT related thing. (NOTE: you don't need to convert or delete your maps when you add something at the end of the UDT)
> Normally you'll have to delete your maps because the UDT is changed, but when you convert it you don't have to delete it, which is handy if you have alot maps you don't want to redo.

How exactly does this work? When I download it there is no option for running a program, only a vb file. I assume I have to compile it myself after editing something?

Edit: NVM I went ahead and compiled it and it gave me a working program. I'm just curious exactly for which engines this will work? For example can I go from EO2.3 to Nightly 3.0 ?

@zarz02:

> How exactly does this work? When I download it there is no option for running a program, only a vb file. I assume I have to compile it myself after editing something?
>
> Edit: NVM I went ahead and compiled it and it gave me a working program. I'm just curious exactly for which engines this will work? For example can I go from EO2.3 to Nightly 3.0 ?

There is also a compiled version in the bin folder, but because you need to edit it to make it work I thought it wasn't necassery to put it in the map with the VB6 file.

And this works for all versions of Eclipse, even the outdated ones like Eclipse Evolution and Eclipse Stable.

@Abhi2011:

> Shouldn't the types be edited? Otherwise won't just make a copy of the old maps?

Yes, both modTypes needs to be edited, and also LoadMap (with old format), SaveMap (with new format) and ConvertMap (with both old and new format).

@Annahstas:

> Yea for our genius Erwin! Another great item!

Haha, glad that so many of you like it, but not all credits go to me, Stein made like the basics and Soul also helped me alot.

• 5 months later...