Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A simple tile mockup

Likestodraw

Originally, I was trying to follow Relly's style of tiles (the Sleepy Studios projects), but it developed into something quite different that I like equally. What do you think of it?
**Mockup v1**
![](http://hostings.mahtava.allalla.com/images/images/map2.png)

I'm not pretty sure if you're following a particular style, or something similar but, you should focus on working on a more realistic outline.

Mushrooms aren't quite that big, or at least that's what I remember.
The same thing applies to the flowers.
Trees should be more rounded and its roots should be visible.
I do not possess any knowledge of what the blackĀ  small thing is. Could that be small trees? Doubt it.
The cliffs should have a dark brown color (or a color that resembles the ground).

I hope this helped you in any way.

@NamelessSoul- I'm not doing a particular style. I tried to 'imitate' Relly's work, but it developed into a completely different style. I am thinking about making the mushrooms a little smaller. I knew nothing was quite done to scale, and I'll try and re-adjust sizes for the next mockup. I don't know about the roots; I was debating whether or not to make them. The 'black small things' were brown mushrooms. I have recolored them so they should look more like mushrooms.
@Cichol- After looking at the last mockup, I noticed that things looked very flat. I will try to shade for the next mockup, though I warn you that I suck at shading.

Anyways, enjoy the next mockup, introducing new path and water tiles, with edited brown mushroom tiles.
**Mockup v2**
![](http://hostings.mahtava.allalla.com/images/images/map2ckc.png)

I kinda like the simplistic and very minimalist style, however they don't appeal much.
It is also a little hard to distinguish things.

If ever you go with this style, then the sprites need to be in the same or at least similar style.
I wonder what the sprites will look like. :)

@SkyFox- Thanks! I know it's a bit hard to distinguish some things, but if you could tell me which ones in particular are hard for you, I would be very appreciative. I don't know if I'm doing sprites or not. I've tried them before, and it was just a ton of work for very poor outcome. I think I'll do items, though.

I haven't done much for this one, just done some touchups, changed the brownish mushroom again (I'll just remove it if it's still a problem), and added cliff sides. I know the one on the left needs work, but it's a start. Enjoy!
**Mockup v3**
![](http://hostings.mahtava.allalla.com/images/images/map2jpj.png)

• 1 month later...