Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

And Vortigem said; Let there be hills.

Vortigem

Here is a link to a Dawn of Light forum post back in 2008:
http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf2/index.php/topic,22863.msg187248.html#msg187248

Some changes eh?

There isn't much I can do about the shadows over the water at this time, I find it okay but I would also prefer a different method. After I get my hands on the appropriate source with animations I'll look at making the shadow ripple with the water. In the mean time it will have to suffice, I feel that the shadows I've drawn add to the environment; albeit very pixeled.

Which version of DirectX is your client using? I don't know much about 7 or 8 but I do know that 8 has better support for Alpha Blending, not sure if 7 even supports it. If you could get alpha blending to work I think your work would look great. Albeit, your graphics look awesome and the difference is quite noticeable.

I'm close to a point where a Closed-Alpha testing stage would be conceivable, however Ill not have a solid deadline until I have a programmer to coordinate with, specifically for tweaking the combat system and administering select changes that will allow me to improve the environments.