Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclipse Mega

Ertzel

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get a subscript out of range after registering a screen name and password and signing in

upon debug of the client i noted that it highlighted (inside modHandleData)

```

CopyMemory ByVal VarPtr(Quest(n)), ByVal VarPtr(QuestData(0)), QuestSize

```

on another note :

The official Eclipse Mega release just needs projectiles and crafting and this would be epic for all.

Ya, there is some kind of bug in the quest saving/loading right now that I'm working on fixing for the next version.

I wanted to make a crafting system like real games have and may end up working on it for a tutorial later, I just don't plan on having it for the last version of EM.

As for Jump's question, I still have to look into that bug and try to figure out where I messed up the code. I haven't been able to find the fix yet but know it's something easy once I find the place for it lol.

fixed my last bug, it was my config file i think, in any case now i can get in but every time i talk to an npc i get an error/crash and debug highlights (in the server):

```

If Not Item(GetPlayerEquipment(attacker, weapon)).CombatTypeReq = 5 Then ' Check for Polearm

```

Thats to do with the current Polearm checking being ducked up. I fixed it and posted the fix but it got lost in other posts. Here it is:

add:```
Dim isPolearm As Boolean
```to the top and add this:

```

If GetPlayerEquipment(attacker, weapon) > 0 Then

If Item(GetPlayerEquipment(attacker, weapon)).CombatTypeReq = 5 Then isPolearm = True Else isPolearm = False

Else

isPolearm = False

End If

```
above that check and replace the line with:```

If Not isPolearm Then ' Check for Polearm

```

Also, my PC's monitor died so I put windows on a VM on my Mac and am using that for vb6 now. That means however as I have no money to buy a new monitor my PC is useless to me currently and anything on it is on hold until I get a new monitor. I've downloaded the latest release of EM and have to re-add any bug fixes/features I had already done for the next release so it will take a little longer.

> I'm alil confused, when you say to the top, where do you mean? and when you say "above that" check and replace the line - which line exactly? =P

Go to the part of the server source which you current have this line in:

```

If Not Item(GetPlayerEquipment(attacker, weapon)).CombatTypeReq = 5 Then ' Check for Polearm

```

At the top of that function (Private Function CanPlayerAttackNpc) where you see the other variables with Dim in-front of them, add:

```
Dim isPolearm As Boolean
```.

Then above where you currently have the check for polearm code add this:

```

If GetPlayerEquipment(attacker, weapon) > 0 Then

If Item(GetPlayerEquipment(attacker, weapon)).CombatTypeReq = 5 Then isPolearm = True Else isPolearm = False

Else

isPolearm = False

End If

```

And replace your check for polearm line with this:

```

If Not isPolearm Then ' Check for Polearm

```

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]

> party system is working? i cant send request to a player nothing happens

I didn't make any changes to the party system so it should be working….[/background]

Until I buy a new monitor for my PC or fix this ducking bug I'm having with VM on my mac, I cannot test any changes I make to vb6 that uses the rendering used in EM. When I start the client in my VM its all fine but as soon as I login and the dx8 rendering takes over it doesn't render and is just a grey screen.

I can make source edits but can't actually test them atm and the party fix requires testing to figure out,

> I would like to note that i found that random-tile button doesn't seem to work, it doesn't crash but it doesn't work. Just a heads up/was wondering if anyone else has or can recreate this problem? thanks for reading guys!

That is not Ertzels fault, thats mine, but i fixed it in EA already. I just forgot to add there sub for random placement, i just added button ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

> That is not Ertzels fault, thats mine, but i fixed it in EA already. I just forgot to add there sub for random placement, i just added button ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png)

Did you post a fix? I went to the eclipse advanced page and it hasn't had a post since 11/4/2012\. If

possible could you post the fix there/here? =P, Thanks for reading.

I would like to recommend both of you implement the Dynamic Crafting System, The tutorial hasn't been updated in alil bit

but it DOES work with Eclipse Origins 3.0 Nightly Dx8 - Justn worked on it over teamviewer on my project and actually got it working with Eclipse Origins 3.0 Nightly Dx8! Its great- check it out - that would make these versions of eclipse origins even more epic! =] Thanks for reading.

**Dynamic Crafting System :**

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/129353-dynamic-crafting-system/

> well we need a account editor for this version too

What do you mean by this? Do you mean like the ingame Account editor admins can use on players? If thats what your talking about then I'm confused as it's in the current EM and has been updated to now edit combat levels and exp also.

> no Mr. Ertzel
>
> external acc editor

Ah, I can look into writng up a tutorial for an external account editor similar to the ingame one but with maybe some more features to it….

> whether there is an exchange between the players in the game?

Ummm…. what?[/background]

> Can u tell me how to open Inventory, how to put skills please ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

> B = Inventory
>
> O = Spells
>
> C = Character
>
> Escape = Options
>
> T = Target
>
> P = Party
>
> G = Guild
>
> Q = Quests
>
> K = Combat Skills
>
> N = Pets (in the next version)

For your question on how to "put" skills. If you mean how to add combat skills then you just increase the MAX_COMBAT variable server/client side to however many you want. Then client side in the item editor add the new names of the combats to the combat type listbox. Then to render them to ur Combat Skills GUI. Find DrawCombat (or it might be named DrawCombatSkills) in modGraphics and look at where it does a case for CombatType and add the new cases matching ur new combat types.[/background]

> Did you post a fix? I went to the eclipse advanced page and it hasn't had a post since 11/4/2012\. If
>
> possible could you post the fix there/here? =P, Thanks for reading.
>
> I would like to recommend both of you implement the Dynamic Crafting System, The tutorial hasn't been updated in alil bit
>
> but it DOES work with Eclipse Origins 3.0 Nightly Dx8 - Justn worked on it over teamviewer on my project and actually got it working with Eclipse Origins 3.0 Nightly Dx8! Its great- check it out - that would make these versions of eclipse origins even more epic! =] Thanks for reading.
>
> **Dynamic Crafting System :**
>
> [http://www.touchofde…rafting-system/](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/129353-dynamic-crafting-system/)

Yea fix is already included in EA

And dynamic crafting system is just mix of 2 or 3 tutorials and little edits. I am not recommending to use it, there is alot better way how to handle allmost all things what is in that tut.