Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EA] MiniMap

Ertzel

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, well anything .13 or above uses Death's revised event system so you just take out the event part of the mini-map as it's not needed.

As for clark, as far as I know, the original tutorial made by Alatar should work for Dragon Eclipse.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm very surprised that the optimize nazi's or just anyone in general didn't point out so far how completely ducking useless all the Rect's in the DrawMiniMap are using the new rendering system.

In the rendering code for the squares it just makes everything either a 0 or 4 by subtracting parts of the rect. I removed all of the rect's and the math and changed it just to 0's or 4's where needed. It's a lot less code now and removed a lot of useless variables and equations.

• 2 weeks later...
If you want to make it smaller, you would have to change the that go like```
For X = 0 to MapX
```and change the MapX to how many tiles you want drawn on the width and do the same for the Y code by changing MapY for how the height you want. You won't be able to make it any bigger then the map size as there would be no tiles but you can make it smaller. You would also then have to add X and Y checks to drawing players and NPC's to make sure they are within your minimaps new size limit.

You can't really change the shape though as your map is a square/rectangle so the minimap will also be as it's using the map to draw off of.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm probably doing something silly again but i reinstalled on a fresh version of dragon eclipse to redo the guild thing and now I seem to be getting a error on modGraphics(sub or function not defined)

' Draw Player dot

For i = 1 To Player_HighIndex

If IsPlaying(i) Then

If GetPlayerMap(i) = GetPlayerMap(MyIndex) And (Not GetPlayerVisible(i) = 1 Or i = MyIndex) Then

Select Case Player(i).PK

Case 0

CameraX = CameraXSize - (MapX * 4) + (MiniMapPlayer(i).X)

CameraY = 55 + (MiniMapPlayer(i).Y)

RenderTexture Tex_White, CameraX, CameraY, 0, 0, 4, 4, 4, 4, D3DColorRGBA(0, 255, 0, 200)

Case 1

CameraX = CameraXSize - (MapX * 4) + (MiniMapPlayer(i).X)

CameraY = 55 + (MiniMapPlayer(i).Y)

RenderTexture Tex_White, CameraX, CameraY, 0, 0, 4, 4, 4, 4, D3DColorRGBA(100, 0, 0, 200)

End Select

End If

End If

Next i

• 2 months later...
Oh, forgot to remove that from the tutorial, I'm surpassed your the first to mention it. That was from an admin feature I made where admins could turn themeless invisible and not be seen so I put it so they also wouldn't appear on the minimap.

Just remove the call and it will be fine.

• 3 weeks later...
Again, just remove that. It's from something in my custom engine that I never removed from this tutorial. I answered that question in the post RIGHT above yours…

I fixed the original post to remove that part now so people stop asking >.<

• 1 month later...
have gotten this to work before with dragon eclipse nightly 3.0 before many times but this time i don't get any errors or anything, it just doesn't show up, checked everything twice - what am I doing wrong? :S ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

• 4 weeks later...