Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Aranoth

Hey eclipse, it's Daxterxx. My game is nearly completed as far as engine work goes and I wanted to show it off. My game is called aranoth and it is written totally in java. It resembels the rpgmaker vx style of gameplay caus thats my favorit type of style. Plus its easy in use rpgmaker vg graphics anyway. Tell me what you think.

[media]http://youtu.be/oAlmKlBUMac[/media]

about: Aranoth (like crystalshire) is an experimental ORPG in the making. As of right now it resembles a free-roaming style game, with 2 quests. As you begin the game, you start by creating your character and customizing it as you see fit. Since the game is written completely in java, its soon going to be available on IOS,candrioid, and other platforms. As of now this is only availabe as a windows, mac, and webpage format!

> Learning java myself on the side of vb6\. How you managed to turn eclipse into an applet is amazing. Revolutionary work mate.

> My game is called aranoth and it is written totally in java

(Which by the way means you've posted it in the wrong board).

First of all this game is using an RPG Maker VX online edit created a while ago by Vlad. It is an amazing engine as far as looks, but try and put a couple players on the server and you'll see why it hasn't been used at all.

It also sounds like you are claiming this as the "Aranoth Engine," almost as if you believe you are entitled to put your name instead of the engine created by Vlad (think it was Vampyr something).

The maps you use in the video are the default maps used to demo the editors and the 2 quests I'm guessing are default as well.

Overall sounds like you have done nothing but take someone's currently created engine, maps, and content and called it your own. But feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Why did you start in some castle overrun by slimes which almost killed you when you entered? Forgive me if I'm wrong, but a new player (or any player) caught off guard and attacked as soon as they start the game isn't exactly good gameplay.

Some of the interfaces look great, particularly like the guild 'icon' customisation, did you make it?

> First of all this game is using an RPG Maker VX online edit created a while ago by Vlad. It is an amazing engine as far as looks, but try and put a couple players on the server and you'll see why it hasn't been used at all.
>
> It also sounds like you are claiming this as the "Aranoth Engine," almost as if you believe you are entitled to put your name instead of the engine created by Vlad (think it was Vampyr something).
>
> The maps you use in the video are the default maps used to demo the editors and the 2 quests I'm guessing are default as well.
>
> Overall sounds like you have done nothing but take someone's currently created engine, maps, and content and called it your own. But feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Vampyr net gaming is the engine

> Hate to say it and don't want to start anything, but it wouldn't be the first time.

This is Eclipse. People were stealing 1px white snow particles off each other last year.