Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Eclopti Rekindled

Exception

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A version would imply you need to have all the previous commits added before adding a new one. keeping it like this means you can add one part without adding others. like if you didnt want to add the part about changing longs to integers and so on.

By using commits over versions, users can take a look at GitHub, and just take anything the please, and adding it to their own source code, rather than having to go to the painstaking task of ripping it.

Admittedly, I don't beleive ER is meant to be used..whole (it takes optimising over the top, and ultimately, has no unique features [yet]), if you understand what I mean.

Having versions wold completely undermine and chance of picking and choosing what the end-user wants, as everything I do is to my own personal preference, that I sure as hell know that not many agree to.

Also, by making users do it manually, they can also get a sense of what they're actually using, and it means I can induce some amount of effort on the user, AND get away with it. ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

Plus, I hate versioning, it means I have to offer support for each stable release, and I'd have to do LOADS more to constitute a whole version. ![:P](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.png)

Hey Champion Iris,

Any progress on this at all? Just wondering what your "next" optimisation will relate to?

Maybe this is something worth investigating/fixing?

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/index.php?/topic/130024-serious-chat-refresh-bug-official-version-and-nightly-eclipse/#entry859473

Grrrr i like what i read (optimisations etc…) but i don't want to mess the engine i'm using by adding theses things reasons are:

1- I don't have the knowledge to insert a script and adapt it to work without problems

2- Hmm refer to 1 ![:D](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin.png) lol

If there is a possibility to make an engine using all of theses scripts in one it would be great

(If i don't make mistake , there is no .exe on the Client folder and Server Folder )

This sounds like an awesome project. My only concern is the practical use of the engine? Given the specs of todays computers, it can handle the current EO without issues. I could see te necessity of all the rewrites if we didn't have the hardware to support it, or If it were being written in a new language.

Computers that can easily handle EO won't be the computers that run EO. They can play a wider and better range of games to them, and many here forget that. By widening your spectrum on the (far) lower end, you're at least going to appeal to somebody. *Awaits Joyce to develop my point*.

I have a fairly low end laptop, YET, certain EO games and custom versions use up more processing and (far) more memory than Minecraft.

If your 2D game is more inefficient than Minecraft, you know you've got a damned serious problem with your engine.

**Sorry guys.**

I'm pulling the public plug on Eclopti Rekindled. It was short lived, but it's got to a point where a certain other engine's creator is blatantly ripping from my project, and is claiming credit for it, even though it's fairly obvious that it was by either me or Stein. It's sad, but true, and it annoys me.

I'll share my private developments with a small bunch of people. Just PM me to get a private repository link. The public repository for both Eclopti and Eclopti Rekindled will be up until the 21st. Do whatever you like until then.

I will finish the things I planned, for my own projects. **I just won't be sharing it with you**. Good luck with whatever endeavors you take!