Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I REALY NEED HELP i want items to be droped on death

Adambrosio2

Rather than replying to your own topic almost instantly, give people some time to reply. FYI, look up OnDeath code where it takes away experience on death, you could easily add a check in there to TakeInvItem and make the player lose an item, or even make it drop onto the players map in their death location.

> Rather than replying to your own topic almost instantly, give people some time to reply. FYI, look up OnDeath code where it takes away experience on death, you could easily add a check in there to TakeInvItem and make the player lose an item, or even make it drop onto the players map in their death location.

I think it's safe to say they'll have no idea what any of this means.

First of all stop spamming posts.

Second of all, do you know any VB 6.0 basics, and do you even got a copy of VB IDE.

Just edit KillPlayer() Procedure (or sth similar depending on version) and add code given by Sherwin.

If you don't uderstand any of above you should probably not get involved in Eclipse editting, and first learn some basic stuff.

:l

```

For i = 1 To MAX_INV

PlayerMapDropItem index, i, GetPlayerInvItemValue(index, i)

Next

'Send all equiped items to the inventory to be dumped.

For i = 1 To Equipment.Equipment_Count - 1

If GetPlayerEquipment(index, i) > 0 Then

PlayerMapDropItem index, GetPlayerEquipment(index, i), 0

End If

'Send Weapon

GiveInvItem index, GetPlayerEquipment(index, Weapon), 0

SetPlayerEquipment index, 0, Weapon

'Send Armor

GiveInvItem index, GetPlayerEquipment(index, Armor), 0

SetPlayerEquipment index, 0, Armor

'Send Shield

GiveInvItem index, GetPlayerEquipment(index, Shield), 0

SetPlayerEquipment index, 0, Shield

'Send Helmet

GiveInvItem index, GetPlayerEquipment(index, Helmet), 0

SetPlayerEquipment index, 0, Helmet

'Send Legs

'Drop *equipped* inventory items

For i = 1 To MAX_INV

PlayerMapDropItem index, i, 0

Next

```

This should replace the previous "items dropped on death" system in the sub OnDeath. You also failed to mention which engine you're using which i strongly suggest you do next time.

Okay, last time you will be verbally warned for this. STOP DOUBLE POSTING. There is a clear edit button at the bottom of your post. If you want to add something within minutes of making your last post and no one else has posted in your topic, use the ducking edit button….

OnTopic: When you download Eclipse, you should have a client and server folder, each should have a .exe program to run your game and the data folder. They should also have a src folder and the visual basic program file (.vbp) This is how you actually edit the code in your game.

If you don't have these, you somehow ducked up downloading the engine and go to the official download section of the forums and re-download whatever version you want to use.

As for getting vb6, you can find it online either by paying for it, or illegally downloading it. Due to the nature of getting it for free intact being illegal, it is against board rules to post any links or downloads for a free copy of vb6 so you must find it on your own.

• 2 weeks later...
I shouldn't lol but i did… Anyways man VB6 ... visual basics... 6, can be downloaded through a torrent TPB has it all though I'm fairly sure if you don't plan on either paying for it or doing something illegal to get it then you wont be able to open and edit your game's source.... ![:)](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/community/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile.png)

Adam, don't get involved in any s**t you don't know, first, get vb6, no one here will give you a link to that, it's illegal, and second, there's a category "Tutorials" why don't you browse it? I all you ask here should be the basics you should know, if you don't know ask somebody to help you in your project

> Adam, don't get involved in any s**t you don't know, first, get vb6, no one here will give you a link to that, it's illegal, and second, there's a category "Tutorials" why don't you browse it? I all you ask here should be the basics you should know, if you don't know ask somebody to help you in your project

If we didn't get involved in any shit that we didn't know about, it would be quite hard to learn something at all. He might have thought that the client was running off the source code (provided in the scr folder) and could be changed in notepad. Yes, it would have been better for him to check to see if he was right, looking through the FAQ couldn't hurt either, but regardless he was making an effort. Just because it didn't meet what you expected does not mean you have to speak shit to him.