Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PhysX Breakout

Hey guys. Built this as a university assignment submission recently. Figured I may as well share it.

Made using C++. Uses PhysX SDK for physics components.

![](http://www.facelessgames.com/breakout.png)

[DOWNLOAD HERE](http://facelessgames.com/PhysXBreakout.rar)

Laters.

> yea just letting him know he should have said something lol, i just googled the dll and downloaded it and stuck it in the folder with the program works now lol

that's not "lol" its a c++ library that was missing from your pc and because it's in the same folder the program/game detects it as registered. That's why most 3D games have lots of dlls into that folder, because the game is made in a specific engine that requires specific dlls (libraries).

> that's not "lol" its a c++ library that was missing from your pc and because it's in the same folder the program/game detects it as registered. That's why most 3D games have lots of dlls into that folder, because the game is made in a specific engine that requires specific dlls (libraries).

i know this just because i lol doesnt mean i dont. i lol at a lot when im not fully awake and smoking my first smoke of the day.

anyways back on topic.

nice game other then I would recommend bumping up the speed on the paddle just a hair takes forever to rotate all the way around

> that's not "lol" its a c++ library that was missing from your pc and because it's in the same folder the program/game detects it as registered. That's why most 3D games have lots of dlls into that folder, because the game is made in a specific engine that requires specific dlls (libraries).

"Lol" stands for Laugh out loud, he wasn't talking about a C++ dynamic link library.

> Tested:yes
>
> rating: 3/5
>
> Reason: hard to control and no intruction to show how it worked. or what the object was.
>
> input: try adding a pause on start with directions for controls and what you got todo.

It's breakout, if you can't figure out what do do you fail at life.

> It's breakout, if you can't figure out what do do you fail at life.

What life?

On-topic:

I actually quite liked it. It was easy to figure out all the controls. I had a little problem with figuring out the buttons to move the bumper but i figured it out mashing buttons. So..

I would give it a

8/10

It's really fun to play, actually.

The graphics are simple but that's fine; it's got colours and they change, so it's nice and bright.

The lack of any guidance as to the controls meant I spent a little while trying to work out how to get the ball back from behind the starting view. Basically you could do with a quick pop-up to tell you the controls and aim of the game.

In terms of gameplay, I felt that the "shield" (for lack of a better word) moved too slowly. It was just frustrating watching it crawl along.