Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Multiplayer: highest index player has no lag, everyone else lags when on same map.

kyle9217

i guess its not really like a lag, more of packets being sent only when the player with the highest index moves. so if there not sent, the lower index players wont get the updated movements of npcs and damage and such

im gona test in windows 7 ill report back my findings

ITT: Why VB6 could do with multi-threading.

Anyway, as far as the issue goes itself, it's never happened to me (this is the first time I've heard of such issue.), so unfortunately, I can't actually offer much towards actually fixing the cause…although, I imagine the cause is more spec. related than server related, as proved earlier.

Out of curiosity, could you post the specs of the WinXP and Win7 computer you used (including your download/upload speeds, if they run on different networks), and tell us if your server is compiled to native code, or pseudo code (Can supposedly make a difference. I've never personally noted or cared about it.)? I'd like to see if we can determine an actual cause, and work on properly fixing it.

PS: I've not read this topic fully. Probably should do. Tell me if I'm incorrect about something. :>

Windows 7 64 bit

AMD A6-3400M APU with Radeo HD Graphics 1.40 GHz

6gb RAM

Quad Core

Compiled to native code.

![](http://www.speedtest.net/result/2469160871.png)

A similar issue comes up with the messages in game. If the lower index player sends a map message, he'll only see it either when the highest index moves, or (usually) around six seconds from the original send time.

These issues also exist in EO 1.3\. However, when the lower index player admin warps, both the NPCs and messages catch up.

i think it mainly had to do with server and client on same pc, sence vb6 applications can only use the first core on the processor both server and and client has to share the 1st core =P

i can see now why the lag can occur, running 2+ clients and the server on one core =P

i was using an AMD Athlon II X2 3.2 and used AMD Athlon II X3 400e 2.2 for my tests

Windows XP SP3 and Win 7 SP1

and i noticed lag occur with 2 clients on tricore and lag occur with 3 clients on the duel core