Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Adding graphics?

MrIce

> "run-time error 35" file not found" , Thing is, even when i put characters sheets in the character map it doesnt show. Im using the "eclipse event system official release"

Are you sure it's DX7 and not DX8? One more thing, would you mind telling where you placed those Character Sheets?

> Are you sure it's DX7 and not DX8? One more thing, would you mind telling where you placed those Character Sheets?

How can i even check that? Dude i played around the engine all day, doing maps etc, only time i get error is when i want to add custom sheets. I placed them to graphics/character .

> The error has nothing to do with the character graphics…
>
> You deleted something whats hardcoded, sounds, music, GUI images

Actually, if i even had done that i would have known myself, im not a novie on this stuff. I havent deleted anything, only added 2 character sheets, not getting error there, but when i put my "scroll.bmp" item icon in the items, i get the error, but all the stuff is there, everything else works EXCEPT the custom graphics.

Just to clarify, in case you didn't understand, you can't skip a number, e.g. 1.bmp, 2.bmp, 3.bmp, 5.bmp - you have to go in order.

Oh, and just because you asked: if it's DX7 the images will all be .bmp and if it's DX8 the images will be .png - if you're using EO 3.0, then it's DX8.

The extensions is just mirror the ones thats already there, and yes i have 1 2 3 4 5 6 etc, still getting the same error, im not a incompetent wannabe that doesnt search around the community for answers, i have done that, followed the tutorials, but i am still getting the same errors.

> The extensions is just mirror the ones thats already there, and yes i have 1 2 3 4 5 6 etc, still getting the same error, im not a incompetent wannabe that doesnt search around the community for answers, i have done that, followed the tutorials, but i am still getting the same errors.

You saved them as bmp yea? Not just renamed the file?

If you have vb6 run in in the debugger.

Problem solved, thanks for your help everyone!

Dont know how it is possible, but somehow when i use Photoshop and use the "save as" and save as BMP etc with the name as number the error comes up, BUT when i do the same way BUT this time opening the original file in photoshop & then edit it from there, and use just the normal "save" as option to save the changes to the original file, it suddenly works. Weird shit, but hey, thats computer stuff =)